Second time its happened

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
Well the last two family get togethers a whole platter of food goes home with the same person. It is never noticed until the next day.

Last time it happened it was a bunch of hamburgers on Labor Day. This time it was the turkey. We offer the left overs up to everyone to take some home. Platter and all.

We would just like to eat some the next day.

Maybe it's just an accident. I guess next time I will watch closer to help avert the accident.

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

Tis the season for giving Wewild, but i kinda like them turkey sandwiches the mext day myself.Hate when some knothead runs off with all of it.

Before you offer "everyone take some home",you take out your fair share and put it away in the icebox..Write your name on it,put a skull and crossbones on it or a big green "yuckface"..If you leave it all out for grabs somebody's gonna grab it all..

Could it have been the turkey was that good?!?

If not, I think I know this person to whom you speak.

I noticed the same thing after a few occurances. Pointed it out to my wife and we both began watching the occurance over the years and found it wasn't an isolated incident and it even carried over into other aspects of life too. Makes you wonder.

I was a little wrong on the first post. I saw him carrying out the whole lot of hamburgers Labor Day. I am aging and was a wee bit pissed when I wrote that first post. He may not have taken the turkey but it ain't here.

Anyway. He is an in-law and his whole family is a little different. I'm sure I seem the same to them.

To whom every got the turkey.... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

Jogeephus":b5oagc6j said:
Could it have been the turkey was that good?!?

If not, I think I know this person to whom you speak.

I noticed the same thing after a few occurances. Pointed it out to my wife and we both began watching the occurance over the years and found it wasn't an isolated incident and it even carried over into other aspects of life too. Makes you wonder.

It was the ugliest turkey you've ever seen if you was judging a book by it cover it would have been a cull for sure. I have to say the brine must have saved it and it was moist and very tasteful. I almost let it get away from me. I struggled with the temp the whole time.

We have only had 2 gathering at our house since the elders have aged to the point they prefer to drive than entertain. I'm sure I will learn more in the future.

Wewild":3ru524y9 said:
I'm sure I will learn more in the future.

It should be entertaining. Once I pointed it out to my wife we watched the phenomina over a three year period. It was interesting to say the least.

That happened at work once. Bosses bought the main course and the rest of us brought a side. One yahoo packed up all of it after the luncheon and took off. Didn't know who did it at first. He was the only new guy though and fessed up. He was canned a couple months later for other stupid judgement calls.

Walt

man thats bad when the left over turkey grows leggs again an walks off.but some people will take as much food as they can home with them.when our family gets togather theres no leftovers to take home.all this talk about food has me hungry.so im gonna go see if i can hustle up some lil smokies.

There are many times in life that we do not know what goes on behind closed doors. There could be a good reason. Maybe this fella/fellette that took the turkey is shy on cash. Maybe it would have made the difference between something to eat and the food bank for the family. In all honesty i do not know. Some people are really good at covering the financial woes track.

Just a thought

I thought of that as well. I also thought about knowing them for 22 years how it could be part of their nature. I really don't mater since it's just a bunch of hamburgers and turkey. If it becomes other things, I may have to change my opinion.

I went to a birthday party New Year's Eve. Had a lot of food there and I ate more than I should. Got ready to leave and looked at all that food still there. A strong temptation came over me. :help: Then I remembered this thread.

A moral purpose has been served by the fine posters on Cattle Today.

Lammie":1hhqoe5t said:
I think some people just don't think.

Lammie you may have hit it on the head. I have a BIL who by any other measure is a pretty good fella, if not at least a little strange(lives by himself in a house full of $100,00 worth of Antques). Ever since my MIL died my wife started inviting him over for Sunday dinner and of course all holidays. I have NEVER seen anyone stuff themselves like this man does, and worse the way he degrades her cooking makes me(and everyone else at the table) want to puke. For example;

On Christmas day he cut himself a full one pound slab of prime rib and proceded to cover it a 1/2 in thick with horseradish sauce, then laid another 1/2 in of fried green chili's on top of that. Then he took a very large baked potato split it in half, mashed it a bit and covered it with one full inch of sour cream, and then buried the whole plate with black pepper. By the time he had taken 10 bites his whole plate looked like a bucket of slop.

This has reached the point where all the rest of us do is watch him eat, as it has become a spectator sport. I want to say something to him but I won't for fear of hurting my wife's feelings. He is basically the only family she has left.

I believe he not only does not think about wht he is doing but that, he also doesn't care. I understand that he is a bachelor and doesn't eat that well during the week but this has reached the point where it's just plain sickening.

Yes, I have seen this behavior. Guy at my FIL's house kept coughing on the butter. Needless to say, it was not much employed at that dinner and thrown away afterward. He also belched a lot. I don't think he eats very well, either. But he kept complaining about the dressing and ate half the dish...

Bigbull's got me thinking about lil smokies. Used to eat those things all the time when I was single. Haven't had any for years but now I've got a craving.

Wewild, you seem to be taking this thing well. I'm not sure I could.

I can't believe someone would complain about a free meal after the cook was kind enough to invite them over. I don't think I'd be able to keep my mouth shut on that one, either.

van weve fixed 6 pkgs of lil smokies in a week.thats 2 pkgs at a time.an i had some for breakfast this morning.

3waycross":28nvb570 said:
Lammie":28nvb570 said:
I think some people just don't think.

Lammie you may have hit it on the head. I have a BIL who by any other measure is a pretty good fella, if not at least a little strange(lives by himself in a house full of $100,00 worth of Antques). Ever since my MIL died my wife started inviting him over for Sunday dinner and of course all holidays. I have NEVER seen anyone stuff themselves like this man does, and worse the way he degrades her cooking makes me(and everyone else at the table) want to puke. For example;

On Christmas day he cut himself a full one pound slab of prime rib and proceded to cover it a 1/2 in thick with horseradish sauce, then laid another 1/2 in of fried green chili's on top of that. Then he took a very large baked potato split it in half, mashed it a bit and covered it with one full inch of sour cream, and then buried the whole plate with black pepper. By the time he had taken 10 bites his whole plate looked like a bucket of slop.

This has reached the point where all the rest of us do is watch him eat, as it has become a spectator sport. I want to say something to him but I won't for fear of hurting my wife's feelings. He is basically the only family she has left.

I believe he not only does not think about wht he is doing but that, he also doesn't care. I understand that he is a bachelor and doesn't eat that well during the week but this has reached the point where it's just plain sickening.
Nest time you have Prime Rib invite me. I gaurantee I won;t insult the cook OR the meat by drowning it with anything other then a touch of salt. You can keep the taters and everything else for yourselves.

Sounds like a mental problem....But has anyone checked his icebox? He may not be cooking for himself no matter how much his surroundings are worth. Does he SAY anything about the cooking or just mess it up.. As we get older our tastebuds go mia..Is he on meds?

Latest posts