Second cutting orchard grass

Help Support CattleToday:

Sd1030

Reaction score
Well i cut some second cut stuff today, one field was just native grasses, while the other was a orchard grass field i have. I decided to cut the orchard grass field because it had alot of trash in it like johnson grass, milkweed and stuff like that. I didnt get around to spraying it after 1st cut. I decided to cut it since it was so trashy, with the intents of giving it a few weeks then spraying the to kill the trashy stuff while its young. My concern is will cutting the orchard grass in this hot weather have a bad effect on it, ie kill it out? Also what is good to spray on orchard to kill milkweed and stuff, im thinking 24d. I know 24d wont kill the johnson grass, but thats ok. Is there anything that will kill the johnson and not kill the orchard? My guess is no but im not sure so im asking. Thanks

nothing I know of to selectively only kill Johnson grass and I personally wouldn't worry about the og ... but I would spray my favorite spray forefront

If you cut it short as most disc mowers do, it won't help it any. I don't like to cut/mow anything this time of year. Its too hot..meaning the grass/soil gets to much exposure to the harsh heat of the sun. But that's just me. If you get some rain you may be okay.

Latest posts