Scroote

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevyman

Reaction score
Tried to post this earlier, not sure what happened. My cousin called me and told me that my Uncle that was known as scroote on here died of a stroke last week. He was found at a watering point on his ranch north of Redding, CA. I know he posted here a bit and a lot of people did not like him. He was a bit obnoxious and very opinionated, but he loved being a cowman. Maybe to most people's surprise he was very good. His son (my cousin) is taking over his herd. They are all purebred cows and he believed in keeping them that way. He became computer savvy awhile ago and told my cousin how fun it was to give some boys a bad time on here. If you knew him, that is what he was all about. Not fun when you are a kid, but he let us get away with a lot when I visited. He was my crazy uncle.

There is a story behind his handle on here if anyone is interested.

Thanks for reading,

chevyman

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, and yes I would be interested to hear about how he got his name. I wish for the best for you and his family in this troubled time.

Sorry for your family's loss. We experience the same thing with my grandfather the first of January. Tough situation for everyone.

Toast to Scroote.
camera_spring1_2012_085.JPG

Well his name here is slightly different than his real nickname. It is from a bull's anatomy. When he was younger his best bull died and he kept the sack. He then tanned it and fashioned it to his gear shifter in his flatbed pickup. Most people thought it was gross, but I thought it was cool.

He was not allowed back on here after his last posts. Just to let a few guys know he was really tough. Hope maybe I can take his place.

chevyman

Ohiosteve thanks for the pictures, you are obviously a great guy with a sense of humor. He would have enjoyed those.

Talked to my cousin this morning and he warned me about this Knersie guy. I have spent over 3 hours going back on archives of his posts and now I see why my uncle disliked him so. First my uncle despised blatant arrogance and people that rally around it with some warped "group think" mentality. People, this is a chat forum full of mostly anonymous people that you really do not know on a personal level! Mr. Knersie, you obviously have an uncanny ability to judge the animal form, it is your delivery and maturity that needs help. The first thread I went through was the Idaman one. As I recall in a previous Hereford breed thread you treated him with the same contempt and disrespect as you do most others who possibly challenge your self imposed high position. I always give people the benefit of the doubt if I was to meet them in real life as the internet has a way of blurring who somebody really is. Although I am not sure I would give you that benefit.

Anyway, good luck to all in your endeavors and thank you for all the pm's. I think I will find better things to do outside. I really have nothing to prove here.

Thanks,
chevyman

KNERSIE":e25a5651 said:
This sounds all too familiar, the past always keep repeating itself, I don't buy it.

That thought had crossed my mind, too, Knersie!

I had actually come to enjoy some of Scroote's posts. Beyond those jabs at you and three way, whom I like, and Doc, whom I don't care much at all for, there seemed to be some basis of knowledge behind his posts - with the added wit and sarcasm that proved to be entertaining, to me at least.

If he's dead, I'm sorry for his loss to his family and I'm sorry for the loss of his contribution to the Board.

If he's only dead to the Board - and is just being replaced by a reincarnation in an attempt to change his persona, I'd prefer an honest approach. We've witnessed reincarnations here in the past, and most are quickly recognized and outed. Scroote's board personality and style is/was unique - and it'll be hard to hide behind a new name for long before that persona becomes evident.

George

Chevyman":1x5mdxqf said:
Ohiosteve thanks for the pictures, you are obviously a great guy with a sense of humor. He would have enjoyed those.

Talked to my cousin this morning and he warned me about this Knersie guy. I have spent over 3 hours going back on archives of his posts and now I see why my uncle disliked him so. First my uncle despised blatant arrogance and people that rally around it with some warped "group think" mentality. People, this is a chat forum full of mostly anonymous people that you really do not know on a personal level! Mr. Knersie, you obviously have an uncanny ability to judge the animal form, it is your delivery and maturity that needs help. The first thread I went through was the Idaman one. As I recall in a previous Hereford breed thread you treated him with the same contempt and disrespect as you do most others who possibly challenge your self imposed high position. I always give people the benefit of the doubt if I was to meet them in real life as the internet has a way of blurring who somebody really is. Although I am not sure I would give you that benefit.

Anyway, good luck to all in your endeavors and thank you for all the pm's. I think I will find better things to do outside. I really have nothing to prove here.

Thanks,
chevyman
OFFS this is really lame, who warns your cousin about someone on the internet living on another continent?

I am still here, same username as when I first joined the site, the same could not be said for your "late" uncle.

Ip adress searches are simple for someone that has the rigt info. That might, not absolute, but might solve the issue.
Btw. Where has sir loin been? It's been quiet lately. :mrgreen:

hooknline":f4e46o95 said:
Ip adress searches are simple for someone that has the rigt info. That might, not absolute, but might solve the issue.
Btw. Where has sir loin been? It's been quiet lately. :mrgreen:

Depending on the service provider it might not tell you anything at all.

Latest posts