Scratchers/Sweeper Brushes

Help Support CattleToday:

Double R Ranch

Reaction score
Does anyone have the old street sweeper brushes for their livestock?
How do you have them mounted? Not sure if putting a post in the ground through the center would be best or building a stand of some sort.
Haven't had any luck looking online for ideas.

I have a couple that are slide over 6x6 posts that are concreted into semi truck tires. Can be moved around if needed.
That's what we were considering. Just wasn't sure if they would snap with the booty scratching. 😂 I've seen what they do to the RxR posts we used to attach push broom bottoms to.
repurposedMaterials {click here}

Last picture on the website shows a stand. Thought about it, but I don't have any yet. ...idk - You may not want steel bristles. Cattle can impale themselves while scratching. Then the cattle contain metal at slaughter.
That's fantastic. That's sort of what we were thinking. Would like to be able to move them when needed. Thank you
That's really simple and sturdy looking. Thank you for sharing!

Bliss Brush - used for dairy cows, increases production.

Myself? I just use a knitting needle. Able to reach all areas of the back instantly.
Our cows ask Santa for one of those yearly. I saw them at a dairy show years ago. They are very cool. Prices seem to slowly be coming down on them.
Knitting needle works. Maybe a meat fork? More prongs?

Not the pointy business end of the knitting needle. That is best for scratching itches under plaster casts.

The little blunt disk of the knitting needle that keeps the yarn from sliding off. That is best for back scratching and instantly reaches all the itchy places.

Finially remember to snap a picture. Been using it for 15ish years and have yet to have it flipped over. Only cost was a chunk of 6x6 post and a bag or two of concrete. Easy enough to scoop in a loader bucket or pallet forks.

Attachments

• 20240404_163424.jpg
    20240404_163424.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts