School's Out!

Help Support CattleToday:

fit2btied

Reaction score
For the first time in my 12 years as a teacher, we had zero snow days! We didn't have to use any of the built-in days or extend the school year. Graduation was Friday night. Now to enjoy summer as I think it was meant to be: Playing with the grandkids while we work in the garden together :) ; taking camping trips through the week and coming home before the weekenders get there; sitting under the shade trees with a glass of iced tea; checking the cows and calves and watching the bull in all his glory anytime I want to. I could go on and on. "It just don't get much better than this!" This teaching thing beats the heck out of a real job!

fit2btied,
enjoy your summer. Being a fellow teacher I know you deserve it.

We're done May 27th :lol: :lol: . Wont have much free time to fish and relax this summer. Going to have some extra duties that I'm going to have to get used to. My wife(who also teaches) is having our first baby :shock: . She is due Thurday and she will be taking classes during the summer, so that means....well you know what that means. My mom is going to have to step up and help(lol).

9 ER":2whzulur said:
fit2btied,

We're done May 27th :lol: :lol: . Wont have much free time to fish and relax this summer. Going to have some extra duties that I'm going to have to get used to. My wife(who also teaches) is having our first baby :shock: . She is due Thurday and she will be taking classes during the summer, so that means....well you know what that means. My mom is going to have to step up and help(lol).

Congratulations 9ER!

Congratulations on the new addition 9er! I am a cook for the school here and am also counting down the days! We're done the 25th. Love having the summers free to concentrate on the cattle and the hogs!

9 ER, Congratulations to you and your wife! If your lucky enough to live near the grandparents, you won't have too much trouble getting help - even when you don't know you need it! :) Keep us posted!

9 ER":2heyxdob said:
fit2btied,

Congratulations! They will bring new meaning to your life. Be sure and let us know if the little tike is pigeon toed or not. ;-)

Tod Dague":3r927cah said:
9 ER":3r927cah said:
fit2btied,

Congratulations! They will bring new meaning to your life. Be sure and let us know if the little tike is pigeon toed or not. ;-)
Thanks, She wont be able to help but to be "slightly" pigeon toed. She comes from good stock. :p
And grandma is 2 miles away and grandad is 4 miles away. :D

Congrads. on the new baby! Hope everything goes well for you. I'm in school now and have 3 more years to go before I will become a teacher. This has been my dream, and in three years our baby will be in school and I will go with her. Do you know if your baby is a boy or girl. Our school was out friday. :lol:

Congrats on the little one as well. They grow up in a hurry. The nice thing for me about school being out is the extra help I get from my kids. The boy is 12 and the girl is 15. The boy actually enjoys the farmwork. He wanted me to wait till he got out before working some calves.

L Weir":38sgnyd7 said:
My kids are done June 3. So that means three months of vacation.
Mine will be done Friday, don't know how much of a vacation it will be for me LOL. Congratulations 9 ER enjoy they are a blessing.

It's a girl! :D :D :D Born 5-25-05 at 2:12PM. 7pounds 7 ounces, 20 1/4 " long. Slightly pigeon-toed. :lol: Mom and baby are doing great. Most amazing thing that I have ever seen. Got a little scarey though. Doc had to cut her and go in and get her because the cord was wrapped around her neck and her heart rate was falling. It was actually wrapped around twice. Man, they didn't mess around when they decided to go get her!
UNBELIEVEABLE FEELING!

9 ER":1pd8fuvc said:
It's a girl! :D :D :D Born 5-25-05 at 2:12PM. 7pounds 7 ounces, 20 1/4 " long. Slightly pigeon-toed. :lol: Mom and baby are doing great. Most amazing thing that I have ever seen. Got a little scarey though. Doc had to cut her and go in and get her because the cord was wrapped around her neck and her heart rate was falling. It was actually wrapped around twice. Man, they didn't mess around when they decided to go get her!
UNBELIEVEABLE FEELING!

Congratulations 9 ER Glad they're both doing great.

9ER and family; Congratulations! Glad everything worked out OK and mom and baby are both doing fine! Enjoy! They grow up way too fast.

Congrats 9ER on the new baby :heart: :lol:
my "baby" graduated from high school saturday YYIIPPPEEEEE !!!
and my oldest graduated from college may 14th YYIIPPPEEEEE !!!

Congratulations 9ER!!!! It won't be long till she will be asking for the car keys!!!
I can still remember the natural high I would get in the early summer when school was letting out for the summer. To get up normally in the mornings with that freedom feeling. I could walk outside to take care of the animals at a slower pace and it be light outside. Then when August hit, the thought of having to go back. Awwgghh!!! Now, I still think about the freedom feeling I had so many years ago.

Heartfelt congratulations on the baby girl, 9 ER!!!! Now the REAL fun begins!! My only girl (she has 3 brothers) will turn sweet 16 on the 17th of June...time truly does fly so TAKE LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES!! :D

fit2betied-----had to laugh at your statement about snowdays....our kids up here get "scheduled" snowdays on the school calender to use if they do not HAVE to use them...sorta like an extra vacation day!! However, i cannot honestly remember ever having to use one!! Around here, unless the buses will not start or they cannot get the doors of the school to open, then school goes on! ;-) :roll: