Schaeffer lubricants

Help Support CattleToday:

novaman

Reaction score
I'm curious if anybody has used Schaeffers products. I went to a demonstration yesterday where they compared there products to all the other leading lubes and it wasn't even close. Everything they showed us seemed to point to Schaeffers being far superior to anything else. There oils are a bit more expensive then most others but they provide free oil analysis and if everything comes back good they ask you to increase oil change intervals and test again later. The rep said he has several farmers running over 400 hours on an oil change with analysis coming back with normal levels of contaminants, wear, etc. Basically you are paying a little more initially but in the end you are far cheaper due to longer intervals and better protection from the outstanding lube properties incorporated into their products. I was just curious if anyone has ever used anything from them and how satisfied you are with it. It almost sounds too good to be true but I'm thinking I want to give it a try.

have been using motor oil,hyd oil,grease,fuel additive made by them for years. it cost more but you get what you pay for.i think they make the best oil products that you can buy.

Haven't seen them in our area. I do know however that in a previous life, I sold a lot of lubricant products. I'm not saying that they are not great, but I do know that the right sales presentation can make any product look like the best thing since sliced bread.

Do your homework and base your decisions upon that, not the sales presentation.

I don't know how much better they are,but I used it in my off road stuff in Ohio very popular in the area I was from.

grannysoo":1eiai9ue said:
Haven't seen them in our area. I do know however that in a previous life, I sold a lot of lubricant products. I'm not saying that they are not great, but I do know that the right sales presentation can make any product look like the best thing since sliced bread.

I understand what are getting and that is the main reason I was a bit leary. I have heard several local guys saying how they like it and this demo pretty much backs their claims up but there is always doubt.

novaman":2tt0h3kk said:
grannysoo":2tt0h3kk said:

I understand what are getting and that is the main reason I was a bit leary. I have heard several local guys saying how they like it and this demo pretty much backs their claims up but there is always doubt.

If you're paying premium $$$ for the product, they should have an oil analysis program to go along with it.

grannysoo":2j54ertd said:
novaman":2j54ertd said:
grannysoo":2j54ertd said:

If you're paying premium $$$ for the product, they should have an oil analysis program to go along with it.
As I stated in the original post, they provide free oil analysis. They encourage a test at every oil change and actual promote increasing intervals between oil changes if the analysis comes back good. I asked the rep if one could sample between oil changes as well and he said whatever you want to do is fine so I get the feeling they want you to do what you feel you need to do. Then again could be a sales pitch?

Quality products, high price.
I question whether paying more is a deal with a payout at the end. Tractors run 10,000 hours with Pennzoil or Rotella and regular changes, so it is hard to find an advantage to a more expensive oil.
My Schaeffer salesman started my doubt process when he started pitching surfactant for spraying which was also claimed to give me higher yields and loosen my soil and cure my aches and pains. Yes, it was a Schaeffer product and not something he was selling on the side. Surfactant is soap. Soap. But he had quite the presentation.
I do still have a couple cans of their chain lube and I really like it. I use it everywhere I'd use WD40.

john250":1h7z2rzi said:
I question whether paying more is a deal with a payout at the end. Tractors run 10,000 hours with Pennzoil or Rotella and regular changes, so it is hard to find an advantage to a more expensive oil.
My Schaeffer salesman started my doubt process when he started pitching surfactant for spraying which was also claimed to give me higher yields and loosen my soil and cure my aches and pains. Yes, it was a Schaeffer product and not something he was selling on the side. Surfactant is soap. Soap. But he had quite the presentation.
I do still have a couple cans of their chain lube and I really like it. I use it everywhere I'd use WD40.
How does it work for Pinkeye ;-)

john250":16aiufjl said:

John,

Surfactant is quite a bit more than soap. I do understand that a lot of people use a couple of drops of soap instead of a surfactant but it is not the same. A surfactant is a wetter/sticker/spreader depending on its formulation. When used properly it will make all of your herbicides, fungicides or fertilizes work more efficiently which will produce higher yields. As far as loosening your soil that is a different product with different science behind it but those products are available as well. As for your aches and pains... you would be on your own on that. Just trying to keep the comments accurate and informative.

Greenhaw

Greenhaw: I was being sarcastic, but I think if you had heard the presentation you would have agreed it was a bit "over the top". It has been ten years, so the details are lost in the fog.
Yes, I want a quality surfactant and I'll use whatever is recommended on the herbicide label. Between two different products I won't pay double for one over the other if they are both 80% surfactants.
I understand some folks will pay more for a Cadillac, but a Chevy will get me there.

john250":10rs0dai said:
Wet Sol works just as they claim.

A buddy of mine uses Schaeffers and swears by it and he's not a feller that is easily fooled. That being said I use John deere oil, that way if any part or repair fails they can't say it is because of the oil, but I do believe that the Deere oil is good and really not bad on price.

Larry

Latest posts