Scale im considering

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Yea I know another scale post but I wondered opinions on this scale
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2200-lb-capacit ... 427wt_1117
I was thinking of getting it and using in the headgate area for calves I could weight them so I don't screw myself by shipping more than 500 or way less. I just want to be more accurate and feel as thought this would be a good help I don't need it perfect just better than the naked eye. This is only for my use on calves.
:hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:

bse":9nea458c said:
56 inches seems a liitle short for the platform.
It would work ok for calves.
Anyone that is fairly handy with a welder could build a alley width pen 10' long with sides and an unattached floor and mount the scale to it. Just a gate at each end and you would have a handy way to weigh just about anything (including deer carcasses). That;s the sort of rig we have and it is unbelievably handy.

skyhightree1":r3rvls8p said:
Yea I know another scale post but I wondered opinions on this scale
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2200-lb-capacit ... 427wt_1117
I was thinking of getting it and using in the headgate area for calves I could weight them so I don't screw myself by shipping more than 500 or way less. I just want to be more accurate and feel as thought this would be a good help I don't need it perfect just better than the naked eye. This is only for my use on calves.
:hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:

How do you weigh your row crops?

dun":2g8lueig said:
bse":2g8lueig said:
Anyone that is fairly handy with a welder could build a alley width pen 10' long with sides and an unattached floor and mount the scale to it. Just a gate at each end and you would have a handy way to weigh just about anything (including deer carcasses). That;s the sort of rig we have and it is unbelievably handy.
My best friends dad works for a big scale vendor. He has an old scale in the barn w an updated digital read out. It's the only thing I really want of his...

Hook":erelj3yz said:
Should be good enough even for your Bulls you sell on the fly :hide: :mrgreen:

:shock:

dun":erelj3yz said:
bse":erelj3yz said:

That's a great idea.

Sky u buy one and let me know if it's any good. I would like one to weigh my calves with Iam not a very good guesser when it comes to calves. I sold some heifer calves to man way to cheap because I thought the weight around 500# when they really weight around 675. All well live and learn

muleskinner":37hgcxv9 said:
A and A scales has that scale for 599. So that is a good deal. They also have a good load cell package so you can make your own platform for $395. Have used the sheep version and works well .

http://www.palletscales.net/scale_kits.htm

Thanks

pricefarm":37hgcxv9 said:
Sky u buy one and let me know if it's any good. I would like one to weigh my calves with Iam not a very good guesser when it comes to calves. I sold some heifer calves to man way to cheap because I thought the weight around 500# when they really weight around 675. All well live and learn

K will do ... I am building a new working pen this year strictly for calves so I will let everyone know.

That's fifty dollars cheaper than other places list that set up. With the 56" I think you'd have to box them in on it. I have a cage so that may work.
Let me know if you like it.

fitz":3jnzed9m said:
That's fifty dollars cheaper than other places list that set up. With the 56" I think you'd have to box them in on it. I have a cage so that may work.
Let me know if you like it.

Will do im building a new calf corral and set up and will figure out how to incorporate the scale in the spring and let everyone know.

I've been shopping for a scale myself. I'm looking at a 5k pound one. It's something like $1400. from a scale place in MS. But it's ready to go, the weigh pan is 26"x 92" and the load bars are rated for twice the load. If you get a scale according to what I can find out you don't want to over load it. It seems like a lot of money for a little bit of return. But you won't be guessing what a calf or cow weighs. I've been selling off the farm by the head, and I'd hate to lose out on weight.

highgrit":1rsp1dby said:
I've been shopping for a scale myself. I'm looking at a 5k pound one. It's something like $1400. from a scale place in MS. But it's ready to go, the weigh pan is 26"x 92" and the load bars are rated for twice the load. If you get a scale according to what I can find out you don't want to over load it. It seems like a lot of money for a little bit of return. But you won't be guessing what a calf or cow weighs. I've been selling off the farm by the head, and I'd hate to lose out on weight.

Sounds nice. I rarely sell anything full grown but that scale would be nice to have. It will keep you from screwing yourself. I thought I was good at the guessing game till I guessed wrong and lost a lot of money.

That's what I'm worried about Sky. Losing money that you already have stinks. That's the reason I don't bet.

I want to build a platform save in the future. Our Squeeze chute came with scales and has spoiled us.
Scale kits are much more affordable these days. I want to set one up in an ally that will weigh large cows and bulls.

Just weighed 4 heifers that I have to deliver Sunday. Between 3 of us our guess weights were 50-70 lbs. light. And at $2.18 a lb. that's a lot of change.

Latest posts