Saugahatchee 3000C

Help Support CattleToday:

Beef11

Reaction score
I found 8 units of Saugahatchee 3000C in the boss' tank and got the go ahead to get it sold. The big question is do I sell it to myself or use it or sell it to someone else? I don't have any registered blacks so that may be a downside. How does everyone like his calves?

I saw some really nice show heifers out of him 3 to 5 years ago being shown by some of the big boys on the Angus show circuit. I do think there was a little bit of a disposition problem with some of the calves out of him.
Smoky

If I remember correctly, the ones we had were a bit fine boned (at least for me they were).

Leachman Saugahatchee 3000C was an EXT son. I think he was mostly used for a show sire; didn't see many of his sons on bull tests. Champion Hill used him as their main Angus herd sire for several years. You might check out the classified ads here on Cattle Today or over at the Advantage Cattle board and see what prices are being asked if there's any semen for sale.

From Champion Hill:

http://www.championhillangus.com/herdsi ... chman.html

Him being an EXT son has made me excited as I had some EXT females and they had incredible udders. The disposition has been questioned on EXT but I never had any real problems with them but then they weren't mellow by any means.

Frankie":3rskgjzq said:
Leachman Saugahatchee 3000C was an EXT son. I think he was mostly used for a show sire; didn't see many of his sons on bull tests. Champion Hill used him as their main Angus herd sire for several years. You might check out the classified ads here on Cattle Today or over at the Advantage Cattle board and see what prices are being asked if there's any semen for sale.

From Champion Hill:

http://www.championhillangus.com/herdsi ... chman.html
I saw one at the Tifton Bull Test 4 or 5 years ago. He was dead last indexer among 80 or 90 other Angus.

We bred to him quite a bit back in 2002 and 2003 our son was showing at the time and he really wanted a Saugahatchee heifer alas never happened we got a bunch of bull calves. They were nice calves made some good show steers, we didn't keep any as bulls the ones we did our commercial customers really liked. I still have a bunch of his semen in the tank.

Gizmom

Latest posts