satsuma

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms":1pxk1m27 said:
I think it's a town in Florida where my SIL and all her friends puddin' rassle. Called the "Cabbage Patch"

Crowder, your thinking of Samsula. Just east of New Symrna Fl

Jogeephus":e2gqw3rd said:
xbred":e2gqw3rd said:
yes ya'll are correct...a sweet, easy peeling citrus, mostly seed free....I hadn't heard that it was a plum also...and we too have a town in louisiana named Satsuma....Jogeephus, i've got a meyer lemon aslo, along with grapefruit, and satsuma.. the meyer has bore about 250 big lemons for the last 10 years..the grapefruit about 100 for the last 4 years and the satsuma about 150 for the last 5 years...I only asked the question because when i brought some satsumas up to the farm in Mississippi, about 60 miles to our north, no one knew what they were...have a great weekend !!!

This may just be a pipe dream but there are several of us in my area who are looking at alternative crops in an attempt to scratch profit out of the dirt and the oranges and lemons are some of the ideas on the table.

ive had the same idea. satsumas are getting ready.

Satsuma is a town just off the interstate between Hammond and Baton Rouge.
If you are on the interstate and there is a traffic tie up you can get off at the Satsuma exit and go to the old highway. But if it is night and fog or rain, be cautious. Distance is not far, but a lot of sharp curves in the road.

Glad I could help. No "thanks" necessary.

Jogeephus":l5l8uasq said:
Got some meyer lemons and satsuma oranges within sight of the house. The old ones are about ready to pick and the ones planted last month won't be ready for two or three years.

I love lemons. I've never seen any grown around here, maybe in a sunroom? I posted a lemon cake pudding recipe on the recipe section before that's really good. Are satsumas like a clementine?

iowa hawkeyes":1qof5jld said:
Jogeephus":1qof5jld said:
Got some meyer lemons and satsuma oranges within sight of the house. The old ones are about ready to pick and the ones planted last month won't be ready for two or three years.

I love lemons. I've never seen any grown around here, maybe in a sunroom? I posted a lemon cake pudding recipe on the recipe section before that's really good. Are satsumas like a clementine?

Yes. I can't tell the difference between the two but have heard the clementine is easier to peel but I can't recall ever comparing the two.

Latest posts