Sashay with grandson around Morrison Meadow.

Help Support CattleToday:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
So, that is the little fella from the photo the other day, could not quite make him out in the photo. Looks like he likes hanging out with you Dave. My grandson just got his drivers licence the other week so am expecting a few more visits to the farm now. The driving tester congratulated him, said she could not write up one fault against him and how smooth he was, comes from all the driving around the farm, I would get up him if he was not smooth on my old decrepid equiptment.

Ken

wbvs58 said:
So, that is the little fella from the photo the other day, could not quite make him out in the photo. Looks like he likes hanging out with you Dave. My grandson just got his drivers licence the other week so am expecting a few more visits to the farm now. The driving tester congratulated him, said she could not write up one fault against him and how smooth he was, comes from all the driving around the farm, I would get up him if he was not smooth on my old decrepid equiptment.

Ken

Have two of them Ken, the older one likes hanging with his grandmother more than me. Makes it easier when we have them with us in the field.

After cleaning up. Was pretty stinky and full of maggots. Dam bears.

gcreekrch said:

No way would I be putting up with that on a regular basis. I would bait and destroy by whatever means. Licorice and tannerite would be fun.

Aaron said:
gcreekrch said:

No way would I be putting up with that on a regular basis. I would bait and destroy by whatever means. Licorice and tannerite would be fun.

We spray for bears when we see them. Sometimes the predator guy comes out and snares them. We kill wolves year round. Unfortunately, our granola crunching majority in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island have put so many restrictions on black bear seasons and have once again banned a science based grizzly hunt and also have been very successful in limiting any wolf culls that we are over run with predators.

We do what we can. I have been vocal enough about predators and losses that the local game keepers turn a blind eye to a lot of what we do. We keep no souvenirs.

Geeze, he only just got away from it Dave. Can't say I've had much experience with bear strike except maybe koala bears but those sort of wounds usually do pretty well once you get that matted hair out of the way.

Ken

Latest posts