Sad Day

Help Support CattleToday:

showing71

Reaction score
On Saturday morning, we got a call saying my husband's 20 year old cousin was missing. He was out with a girl on a nearby lake at 10:30 Friday night when the canoe capsized. It was 40 something degrees and was raining that night. He and the girl tried swimming for shore. The girl made it, called 911, and was sent to the hospital for hypothermia. The emergency crews were out looking for him until 2:30am, and then ceased the search until the next morning. Family and friends went to the lake to help search the next morning, but sadly, a rescue boat with sonar capabilities found his body under the water about 100 yards from the shore. The funeral is set for Wednesday.

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers, this is an extremely sad and trying time for them. Thank you.

Yes, was a very tragic accident/event.

That aside, what where they doing out in ~40 degree weather in a canoe at ~10:30 pm? A touch suspicious and/or poor judgment.

Prayers for their families...

Running Arrow Bill":xe2ck18i said:
Yes, was a very tragic accident/event.

That aside, what where they doing out in ~40 degree weather in a canoe at ~10:30 pm? A touch suspicious and/or poor judgment.
Bill, They were 20 yrs old so I would say poor judgement not suspicious I am sure when you were 20 you made some pretty stupid decisions because you believed you were invincible also like all teenagers and 20 yr olds
Prayers for their families...
Showing
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family, it is the hardest thing they will ever have to go thru in their life
again our thoughts and prayers
AC

Latest posts