S A V America Calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
I got Herbsters sale book. Looks like America has calves on the ground. Has anyone seen any on person or heard anything?

Surprised your good buddy didn't already send you pics of his super semen offspring?

If I had to guess on what SAV America's calves look like, I'd say they are black and look like an angus. Or at least I hope they do.

I have not seen any in person but have seen pictures from Kelly and they're darn good looking calves. The last time I was visiting on the phone without Charles Herbster he couldn't get over how fancy those calves were looking. Can't wait to see some pictures of them this fall.

With how they get pushed at SAV they're gonna look good.. plus do you think either of the owners are gonna talk bad about his progeny or post pictures of crappy calves???

frieghttrain said:
With how they get pushed at SAV they're gonna look good.. plus do you think either of the owners are gonna talk bad about his progeny or post pictures of crappy calves???

I agree with this. You can make Gardner stock look good with enough feed.

T & B farms said:
frieghttrain said:

I agree with this. You can make Gardner stock look good with enough feed.

I've used progeny of both SAV and GAR bulls and both served there purpose.
Gardner bred stock would be my preference especially if I were feeding them out as commercial calves. I've seen some nice looking Prophet and Predestined progeny.

Mr. Herbster called me last night, my semen is on the way. Going to cross with the Brangus for Ultrablacks. Been on the waiting list for almost a year. Super nice guy!

midTN_Brangusman said:
Mr. Herbster called me last night, my semen is on the way. Going to cross with the Brangus for Ultrablacks. Been on the waiting list for almost a year. Super nice guy!

If you don't mind me asking... what's the going price for those America straws. You sure don't have to answer though.
The America calves I've seen online so far sure look nice. Wish I had some to try

Josher said:
midTN_Brangusman said:

If you don't mind me asking... what's the going price for those America straws. You sure don't have to answer though.
The America calves I've seen online so far sure look nice. Wish I had some to try

10 minimum and $80 each so $800 minimum order

Richnm said:
Josher said:
midTN_Brangusman said:

Okay thanks. We'll have to see how hard it is to get him in Canada

Richnm said:
Josher said:
midTN_Brangusman said:

That is correct.

Bumping this thread up a bit. For all the hype about sav America surely some of you have some calves from him. Would like to hear yalls experience and see how they're doing.

Latest posts