Running with the Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
I saw some footage on TV of the bull running in Pamplona, Spain.
At least one of the bulls won a temporary victory. Some dude is in the hospital and hurting. I guess he never read the stories on Cattle Today about bull injuries.

I know it's a custom/cultural thang, but dang!!!!! How stupid is this.... :shock:

Alice

I ran with a Bull once. I can guarantee you it was not by my choice.

A story for another day, but it had something to do with me being 11 years old, my 10 year old cousin, 2 BBguns, the neighbors bull and the fact that the bull got PO'd because we kept trying to shoot him in the na-nas. Thank goodness for the creek that was half way between where we were and the fence. We hit the creek running wide open with the bull gaining fast. If the bull hadn't pulled up and stopped at the creek, we wouldn't have made it to the fence. I don't recall that we ever did that again. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I almost ran with the bulls once, but I stopped short as I slowly backed up back into my neighbors barn gently saying nice bull, good bull. ;-)

Crowderfarms":136rsadn said:
Them Spainish fellers aint the sharpest tools in the shed.

People from all over the world, even the crazee USA people go there to run with the bulls. I say if your that stupid..you get what you get!

GMN

Basic Math Lesson:

IF a BULL can run 100 feet in 5 seconds,
and IF
A HUMAN can run 100 feet in 10 seconds,

Then...

Bull will Catch Human...

Therefore...

Human gets what it deserves...

And...this is just the tip of the iceburg of the adrenalin seeking, half bubble off plumb, humans...

Not much different than the Romans feeding Christians to the lions...except the Bull/Human circus does let most of the humans come out alive...

Anything to promote tourism!

:D

Nowland Farms":1dfzadt1 said:

A story for another day, but it had something to do with me being 11 years old, my 10 year old cousin, 2 BBguns, the neighbors bull and the fact that the bull got PO'd because we kept trying to shoot him in the na-nas. Thank goodness for the creek that was half way between where we were and the fence. We hit the creek running wide open with the bull gaining fast. If the bull hadn't pulled up and stopped at the creek, we wouldn't have made it to the fence. I don't recall that we ever did that again. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: I'd be willing to bet you or your cousin know that white faced hornets will follow the path of a BB back to the shooter as well. :lol: :lol:

I thought the best part was the PETA folks--were all over there the other day, "running with the bulls" in the nude...I found myself standing and cheering on the bulls....My kinky old mind was imagining all kind of "impalements"... ;-) :lol: :lol:

Jogeephus":xtplk0qb said:
:lol: :lol: white faced hornets will follow the path of a BB back to the shooter as well. :lol: :lol:

Yup. They'll also follow the path of the contents of the spray-can of hornet killer.....at night......in the dark. :shock: Needless to say, that was fun mad dash to safety. :lol:

Katherine

Oldtimer":3erohkxt said:
I thought the best part was the PETA folks--were all over there the other day, "running with the bulls" in the nude...I found myself standing and cheering on the bulls....My kinky old mind was imagining all kind of "impalements"... ;-) :lol: :lol:

A horn in the Ol' fart box, might get them to see the light!

Nowland Farms":2pk7k1ee said:

A story for another day, but it had something to do with me being 11 years old, my 10 year old cousin, 2 BBguns, the neighbors bull and the fact that the bull got PO'd because we kept trying to shoot him in the na-nas.

I thought ya said it wasn't by choice. What did ya'll think the bull was gonna do???????

I have run with the bull several times in my life. Running was always my choice. In all of these cases, stand and fight did not looked like a good option.

In my younger day running with the bulls in Pamplona might have been fun. You don't have to out run the bulls. You just have to out run some Spanish guy. Is tripping the other runners against the rules?

Those Spanish guys probably have a thread going talking about how stupid Americans are for riding bulls. I say "to each his own".

Walt

Txwalt":38tc11g3 said:
Those Spanish guys probably have a thread going talking about how stupid Americans are for riding bulls. I say "to each his own".

Walt

I think that's why there are a lot more spectators than participants. :banana: :banana:

Latest posts