Rules violation

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7

Reaction score
Economic collapse thread locked
I read through it and didn't see anything
It wasn't political, no name calling, blame and finger pointing or anything I saw
I don't want to cause trouble just want to have an understanding of what's no allowed

Usually, Ina case like this, someone posted something that broke the rules. That post was deleted, and only the mod who deleted it and anyone who was on the thread at the time may have caught a glimpse of it. And sometimes, posts are flagged to the mods for review by other posters that utilize the red exclamation alert feature at the top of a post.

As far as what is not allowed: basically no namecalling, personal attacks, religion, politics (unless it's in your signature line or avatar) or degrading attacks on any race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. I may have missed some, but these are basically what I steer clear of and it keeps me out of trouble from the mods and getting threads locked.

Cross-7":nh26arh9 said:
Correct and I saw none of that in the thread
So why the lock ?

Most likely, there was a post that was removed by the mod that did cross one of those lines. You probably, like most of us, never saw the offending post.

So if that is the case
The offending comment was removed but the rest of the entire conversation was within the rules, why the lock ?
Why penalize all participants for one rule breaker
Makes sense to penalize the rule breaker but why penalize the rest of the participants that follow the rules

Cross-7":2yb7ipmq said:
So if that is the case
The offending comment was removed but the rest of the entire conversation was within the rules, why the lock ?
Why penalize all participants for one rule breaker
Makes sense to penalize the rule breaker but why penalize the rest of the participants that follow the rules

"The only way that you will find happiness is to accept that the way things are is the way things are." -The cow from the movie Babe.

What you post makes a great deal of sense (like most of your posts Cross). I have often wondered just exactly what you posted. Seems like a logical, fair solution to an ongoing problem.

bball":33nl82gb said:
As far as what is not allowed: basically no namecalling, personal attacks, religion, politics (unless it's in your signature line or avatar) or degrading attacks on any race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. I may have missed some, but these are basically what I steer clear of and it keeps me out of trouble from the mods and getting threads locked.

+1. Basically, you can't fight city hall. It is what it is here at CT.

If you want to freely discuss any of the above topics mentioned, I would recommend ranchers.net or the Bash :idea: Although I do read and sometimes post, TPP doesn't really appeal to me because of all the very narrow and limited membership.

I find it sad that laws that were voted in 1965 have infected about every part of American society. There is so little freedom left. Heck I can't even go to church without hearing the same stuff.

dave_shelby":1c5gyiwp said:
I find it sad that laws that were voted in 1965 have infected about every part of American society. There is so little freedom left. Heck I can't even go to church without hearing the same stuff.
You're going to the wrong church.

Yessir, we quit that place. Most of the churches are moving towards the seeker-friendly multi-cultural multi-ethnic multi-generational multi-campus multi-language guise with rocking music. Look what the ministry schools are turning out, those are the future leaders. Find me a major Christian leader who stands against this, aint many.

dave_shelby":1ghw8pia said:
Yessir, we quit that place. Most of the churches are moving towards the seeker-friendly multi-cultural multi-ethnic multi-generational multi-campus multi-language guise with rocking music. Look what the ministry schools are turning out, those are the future leaders. Find me a major Christian leader who stands against this, aint many.

Im not much of a church go-er but I am not down with all the electric guitars and drum sets in church.

My last church experience we had a friend's wedding Saturday night and 90 miles north another friends daughter's baptism Sunday morning at 9am. A couple of us got in at like 3am from the wedding and then jumped back in a truck at 7am. One of the guy's wife drove us. We walked in that church and people just stared at us. We sat all the way in the back... I kind of got comfortable... closed my eyes... ole boy starts getting after in on the drums. :bang: Between that and the preachers sermon about being called to build a new church I was done.

dave_shelby":3m7okh6f said:
Yessir all you have to do it turn the TV on and see all that mess 24/7.

Went to ONE, a couple years ago at invitation by a friend--and it was a multi denomination Seder. (Passover rite) . No, I am not Jewish. There was in attendance and up at the 'pulpit', a Rabbi, a black Baptist preacher, a Catholic priest, and at least one other 'leader', and the location was in a big strip mall in Humble--next door was a Mexican beer joint/dance hall. It was kinda interesting, talking to different people but I wouldn't go back. I ain't much on a five piece band all decked out more gaudy than Porter Waggoner ever thought about being dressed.

greybeard":2nhqne85 said:
Went to ONE, a couple years ago at invitation by a friend--and it was a multi denomination Seder. (Passover rite) . No, I am not Jewish. There was in attendance and up at the 'pulpit', a Rabbi, a black Baptist preacher, a Catholic priest, and at least one other 'leader', and the location was in a big strip mall in Humble--next door was a Mexican beer joint/dance hall. It was kinda interesting, talking to different people but I wouldn't go back. I ain't much on a five piece band all decked out more gaudy than Porter Waggoner ever thought about being dressed.
Sounds like the start to a good joke. "A rabbi, a black Baptist preacher and a Catholic priest walk into a bar..."

ohiosteve":1qss76f0 said:
Sounds like the start to a good joke. "A rabbi, a black Baptist preacher and a Catholic priest walk into a bar..."
I thought the same thing when I read it.

A lot of y'all would probably feel right at home in my church. We've skipped the last two order of service updates from our synod and are still using the hymnal published in the 1940's. My family has been a member for about 130 years, and we aren't the only ones that go back that far.

I can only think of two big changes since I was a boy. The clothing is much more casual. Most of the women wear pants to church, and many of the men wear jeans. When I was a boy the women all wore nice dresses and the men wore suits. That's been a gradual change that started sometime in the 1970's. The other change is we've had several families join that belong to other ethnicities. I'm afraid they wouldn't have been welcome 40 years ago, but I'm happy to say they are now.

I always wear jeans--usually with a long sleeve white shirt--sometimes with coat & tie--usually not but may this morning since it turned cooler. Lots of the women and girls wear pants, sometimes with tee shirts with some sort of religious saying on them.HE don't much care what we wear in His house I suspect.
But, we have a new music director and he's big about standing, and all that getting up and down is sure hard on my joints..dunno why he wants us all up--I can't sing anyway an doin 'em all a favor just keeping my mouth shut.
(Now if I could carry a tune like CB, might be different--he can sing!! I heard him-He has himself singing as a ringtone on his phone--Some glad morning when this life is o'er, I'll fly away; To a home on God's celestial shore, I'll fly away.
Yep, that ol cuss got a good voice.

Latest posts