Rubs

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
What is the favorite tree for deer rubs in your area?
Here it's walnuts

Algerita. If you can algerita, they will have found it first. If you know where to find algerita in this area, you'll find deer. Remember where it was for next season.

Cedar second and there's lots of them.

Willows,Shoemake,Ceder,and on occasion oak and hickery.Two different times saw where one rubbed telephone poles :shock: would've liked to see those deer!

Up here it varies to whats available. In my area I believe willow would be #1 then Poplar and pine.

I think some of these hill country goats will rub on anything, but mostly elm and cedar here, and mesquite south of San Antonio............good luck

It's intersting that cedars come up so frequently. We have cedars by the millions and I've never seen one rubbed. A pin oak accasioanlly, but 99 % are walnuts. At the other farm some 35 miles away the rub oaks and sassafras, white pine if they can find any.

Cedar and small pines. Mostly the small pines as that is what we have the most of.

Cedars seem to top the list. After that our bucks are equal oppurtunity offenders. The only thing I take offense to is when they ring the nice straight pecan saplings I've been careful to avoid with the shredder.

Latest posts