Rookie ?

Help Support CattleToday:

warden

Reaction score
Hey i was wondering what type of weed killer is the best and what do you all use? I need to spray fence lines and need something that works good and is economical if there is such a beast:)

warden":1brzafjc said:
Hey i was wondering what type of weed killer is the best and what do you all use? I need to spray fence lines and need something that works good and is economical if there is such a beast:)

There are as many brands of weed killer out there as there are weeds, and most of them work very well. It depends on your price range, what you are wanting to kill, desired safety level, and whether you have a license or not. You might want to consider talking to your local county extension office.

msscamp":1v5trck5 said:
dun":1v5trck5 said:
I just use glyphos

dun

Isn't that round-up?
Glyphosphorous is the composition of the original 'Round Up' that the patent ran out on a few years ago. It's marketed under many different names now.The price has also dropped considerably, we've been selling 2.5 gallon jugs of concentrate for 55.00.

Crowderfarms":6kzeit0o said:
msscamp":6kzeit0o said:
dun":6kzeit0o said:
I just use glyphos

dun

Isn't that round-up?
Glyphosphorous is the composition of the original 'Round Up' that the patent ran out on a few years ago. It's marketed under many different names now.The price has also dropped considerably, we've been selling 2.5 gallon jugs of concentrate for 55.00.

That's why I said glyphos instead of Roundup

dun

dun":q524zkar said:
Crowderfarms":q524zkar said:
msscamp":q524zkar said:
dun":q524zkar said:
I just use glyphos

dun

Isn't that round-up?

That's why I said glyphos instead of Roundup

dun

I understand that, but how do you control weeds in a pasture considering that glyphos will kill the grass as well as the weeds? Wicking?

msscamp":m4j5wo0r said:
I understand that, but how do you control weeds in a pasture considering that glyphos will kill the grass as well as the weeds? Wicking?

He specified fencelines, that's the only place we use glyphos. For general use in pastures we use 2,4-d or Remedy, depends on what we're trying to kill.

dun

I was giving this spme more thought this morning and what came to mind was, what are you trying to kill/prevent. Glyphos will work on grasses and weeds, poison ivy and stuff like that, but if it's MF rose, possum vine, or stuff like that you need something different. Something more in the line of a woody stem killing herbicide, like Remedy. If your trying to kill trees you need something else.

dun

dun":1eyex0ly said:
msscamp":1eyex0ly said:

He specified fencelines, that's the only place we use glyphos. For general use in pastures we use 2,4-d or Remedy, depends on what we're trying to kill.

dun

Yes, he did. Sorry. :oops: :oops:

Latest posts