Roll Tide Football Fans

Help Support CattleToday:

Nowland Farms

Reaction score
For my fellow Alabamaians who are Roll tide fans -

What does a Buzzard and an Alabama Fottball Fan have in common?

Both of them can live off a dead "Bear" forever !!!!!!!!

Always had a soft spot in my heart for Alabama football ever since the days of Joe Namath and Kenny Stabler. As a huge Illinois fan, I take bittersweet pride in the fact that Bear Bryant's last game was against us in the 1982 Liberty Bowl. First time we'd been in a bowl in 20 years so it was a pretty big deal around here. Thing I remember most is our quarterback, Tony Eason, getting pounded so much he had to finally come out of the game. I remember our coaches saying afterwards that Eason was so disoriented he thought he was in Ann Arbor playing Michigan.

Two things I remember most about Bryant: He had announced that he would retire after that season and someone asked him what he would do now. He said "I'll probably be dead within a week" or something to that effect. He died a month later.

Also remember a public service announcement on Mother's Day many years ago when he said "Call your Mama......I wish I could call mine." That always touched me.

IF your locked in a dungeon with a alabama fan, and a loin. you have a gun with only two bullets, witch one do you shoot.....? the alabama fan..... "TWICE"..... the loin can be reasoned with :p ROLL TIDE

Sooner fans and Tide fans are alot alike....
I honestly never thought Bama would beat the Tigers at their place... a great win for them.
Looks like its gonna be Florida vs. Bama in the SEC championship. Another great game to watch.

Latest posts