Robert E Lee Statue

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Governor of Virginia announced today that he was ordering the statue of Robert E Lee in the center of Richmond VA taken down. Said it was racists to have it there.
Like him or not Lee is a great part of VA history as well as the whole US.
I'm sure if a conservative white group marched against taking it down they will be dealt with harshly.

So they are taking down a statue of a man that wouldn't raise arms against his home state of Virginia?
Makes sense... :hide: :???:

I bet there is not a Jewish person alive that wants Auschwitz taken down. Sometimes you need that reminder of tough times. History and hate are two entirely different things. I bet the American Indian would like to have every soldier statue taken down. That's right they don't count, nobody's ever had it tough but the blacks in THIS country.

It is not a good time to be removing a reminder of what division in this country can do.

Our Governor needs to be flushed. That's the best way I know of to get rid of a turd.

So many people have no idea of who Lee was, the times in which he lived, what he believed in, and the kind of man he was.
You can try to explain to them that he was against slavery and never wanted that war. You can't get them to understand that Lee did not fight for slavery. He fought for his state of Virginia. But they do not hear and keep on believing untrue propaganda.

How do you educate or reason with a closed mind ?

Ryder said:
So many people have no idea of who Lee was, the times in which he lived, what he believed in, and the kind of man he was.
You can try to explain to them that he was against slavery and never wanted that war. You can't get them to understand that Lee did not fight for slavery. He fought for his state of Virginia. But they do not hear and keep on believing untrue propaganda.

I would love for our governor to read and understand this. All he sees is an opportunity to get votes for his party.

Times are a changing....about more than I can stand. Look for the Gov to take our guns if re-elected and he will get re-elected.

kenny thomas said:
Ryder said:

I would love for our governor to read and understand this. All he sees is an opportunity to get votes for his party.

And the true irony is the blackface and Klan uniform he thought was cute a few years ago. Bet he prefers today's terrorist version.

Hitler tried to destroy history as well.

It is really sad to see a leader say such a thing.

All this sort of nonsense gets pushed here as well, but so far none buckle, cause I think they know there is a silent majority who what reason and sense.

I cannot believe it is going on there, I would imagine this could endanger them if they go ahead.

If citizens guarded the site, would police act ?

This vocal minority rubbish changing things and pushing the agenda has gone too far. It is a threat to democracy and is driving division in the West it seems too me.

jltrent said:
Times are a changing....about more than I can stand. Look for the Gov to take our guns if re-elected and he will get re-elected.

Has something changed. I didn't think a governor could serve consecutive terms in Virginia?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Virginia_gubernatorial_election

Ryder said:

You can't, we are at one of those defining moments in history again.
No matter how hard you try you can't change history.
It's the same philosophy the goose stepping Nazis followed and they gained control over a country.
There is three ways for this to go the leftist win, we win and remain a constitutional republic or civil war and a divided nation. When the later happens tyrants around the world win and masses perish.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
jltrent said:

Has something changed. I didn't think a governor could serve consecutive terms in Virginia?

I dunno about this.

But,

Plenty also like to try and leave a mark on exit & then keep turning up as media whores, whoever has a camera and will listen to them they seek out, because they cannot accept being out of the limelight....

I read yesterday that the Texas Ranger statue in Dallas is being or has been removed also.

gcreekrch said:
I read yesterday that the Texas Ranger statue in Dallas is being or has been removed also.

We are witnessing Nazi German of the 1930's happening here today.
There is not a Jew that wants Auschwitz torn down. You're doomed to repeat history when you try to erase history.
"The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became the truth.
George Orwell, 1984"

TennesseeTuxedo said:
jltrent said:

TT thanks for the information you made my day as I did not know that. Ever who the next Governor I don't think he could be as incompetent as the one we have. He might be a doctor, but he sure is not Governor material and I would not want him for a Doctor. Maybe people will wise up and elect somebody that does not want to take our second amendment rights the next time and be more like your Governor. TT if you ever run for office you got my vote....

hurleyjd said:
Question here did Robert E. Lee start the Lee Jeans that have become a national brand.
Guess we should ban them as well, you know just in case, what a comment, but we shouldn't expect any common sense.

haase said:
hurleyjd said:
Question here did Robert E. Lee start the Lee Jeans that have become a national brand.
Guess we should ban them as well, you know just in case, what a comment, but we shouldn't expect any common sense.

Attempt at a little humor on my part.

Latest posts