Robbed blind...

Help Support CattleToday:

smartin0022

Reaction score
I went to the feed store today, I have triplet have a momma who needs more than avg. I'm appalled at the price of mineral at TSC they should be ashamed. 49.99 for a 50 lbs sack of garbage I can get at the local feed store for $28.00 and it's better mineral and chelated. I can get 10 times better mineral than they offer and pay almost 50% less. Who is paying these prices and keeping these companies in business this isn't TSC fault its the consumers.

TSC has gotten really bad lately. They have stolen a page from Walgreens and CVS. They are popping up in every little town and charging way over the prices of other stores.

We were looking for some bearings for a trailer and TSC had them. We needed some other springs and stuff also though so we called a trailer parts store about 30 min away. The bearing was like $8 or some thing at the trailer store. It was like $20 at TSC. Those are really rough numbers off the top of my head but it was 2 or 3 times more.

I buy mineral at TSC because they're 50 miles away where we grocery shop and go conduct most other business. Next closest "feed store" is 120+ miles away in the opposite direction and sells the same thing for the same price or more.

We don't go to Tractor Supply much at all, We are fortunate to have a local private owned feed store, that we get bulk feed from and a Southern States Co op that we get mineral and supplies.
We have a Rural King that we get some things from that are cheaper like dog food and chicken feed.
A lot of the cattle supplies are higher at both TSC and Rural King, generally TSC is the most expensive on about everything.
Back when TSC first came to town they were more reasonable but they have always been horrible at keeping things stocked.

We don't go to Tractor Supply much at all, We are fortunate to have a local private owned feed store, that we get bulk feed from and a Southern States Co op that we get mineral and supplies.
We have a Rural King that we get some things from that are cheaper like dog food and chicken feed.
A lot of the cattle supplies are higher at both TSC and Rural King, generally TSC is the most expensive on about everything.
Back when TSC first came to town they were more reasonable but they have always been horrible at keeping things stocked.
Yall get with the program... to much is to much. We can get yall mineral I n 2024 for way less than $50 a sack

I went to TSC cause the loc a l feed store closes at 12ish...
On the farmer till Monday morning... good Christian folk, not their fault.

I went to TSC cause the loc a l feed store closes at 12ish...
On the farmer till Monday morning... good Christian folk, not their fault.
Other than the certain things we go to Rural King for the only times we go to TSC or RK for cattle supplies is if it's an emergency situation after the other feed stores are closed or on the weekends.

Purina High Mag Wind and Rain at Tractor Supply here is $57/bag. Same Purina High Mag Wind and Rain at an independent feed store 10 miles away - $28/bag. Some things are reasonable at TSC, but not Purina minerals.

Thought we'd try Vitaferm mineral this year so called the local dealer wich is 40 miles away. They delivered a pallet of Vitaferm for $42 a bag. I thought that was reasonable for them delivering it. TSC has gotten high on everthing and seems to be catering more to the 6 chickens and 3 cows 2 miles outside of town crowd. We do have Atwoods now which is more of what TSC was years ago.

The closest TSC is about 50 miles away in Ontario, OR. I have never gone in there. But when I drive by I notice their parking lot there will only be 2 or 3 cars. The D&B Supply (local farm and garden) is just down the road a couple blocks. There will be 20 cars in their parking lot.
In Baker (25 miles away) where I tend to shop there is a D&B and Oregon Trail Livestock. I generally buy anything cattle related at Oregon Trail. But D&B gives a 10% discount to seniors on Tuesday so some things get purchased at D&B but only on Tuesday.

We used to have Orscheln Farm & Home until TCS bought it out last October. Not impressed! Very small selection and overpriced. We only get minerals, replacer, tubs, cubes, etc from our Co-Op's but if it's a weekend or after hours, I'll suck it up.

The girls. Young dairy bulls that are imprinted on and have no fear of people are some of the most dangerous livestock on Earth. You don't make pets out of them.

The closest TSC is about 50 miles away in Ontario, OR. I have never gone in there. But when I drive by I notice their parking lot there will only be 2 or 3 cars. The D&B Supply (local farm and garden) is just down the road a couple blocks. There will be 20 cars in their parking lot.
In Baker (25 miles away) where I tend to shop there is a D&B and Oregon Trail Livestock. I generally buy anything cattle related at Oregon Trail. But D&B gives a 10% discount to seniors on Tuesday so some things get purchased at D&B but only on Tuesday.
Is it close to a Walmart?

I've noticed a lot of TSC stores are close to a Wallyworld. When Auto Zone opened I was working in Bentonville. I heard Auto Zone was somehow associated with Walmart, getting shipments on shared trucks etc. Several of the competing companies in the area, Napa, O'Reilly's, and the local independent auto parts store all had suspicious fires just before AZ opened. Now I wonder if TSC is affiliated and has WM backing. I wouldn't doubt it.

I was always disappointed in TSC and even their name is fake. i'd hate to know I had to keep a tractor going with stuff from them. Maybe an innertube...
TSC is trying to make up the loss of customers by raising the prices across the board. Fewer customers each store but charge each existing customer more = about the same revenue stream they had with lots more customers back when.
They got it backwards..

Then too, after the free govt $$ ran out and labor got tight, they (and everyone else) had to raise the wages they were paying, which also factored in.

But, TSC has never been about ( a Carl Sandburg reference here) 'luring he farm boys' in. Always been about hobby people and the on I was familiar with back East Texas, it was 90% horse people.

Atwoods used to be a lot better but they have gotten pretty bad too. They sold lots of crap. Clothes, knicknacks, even furniture at times.

A new cropped up over in Killeen.
Murdochs "Farm and Ranch Supply". From somewhere up NW. Only went in it once, to look around. A TSC clone imo.
The picture says it all.

murdochs.jpg

One of their 'deals' a 10x10 'calving pen' with a dinky little head gate. $5000.

black fluffy.jpg

Last edited:
We shop at TSC, but more for other stuff. Or a sack of whatever if we are already there. I couldn't find the parts I needed for the tractor about 3/4yrs ago. I asked the guy working where we could find it, and he said they dont carry it anymore, they are a now retail shop now with home decor. Most other farm stuff will be phased out in a few years. Just back yard chicks!

Latest posts