Rito 4L60?

Help Support CattleToday:

stephE

Reaction score
What does everyone think of the new Select Sires angus bull Rito 4L60 out of New Design 208? Do you think he would be fine to use on heifers?

Just looking at his pedigree, NO. His dam is the dam of Gridmaker. I realize his BW EPD is 1.8 but that is with zero calves reported. I would find something more proven. Good looking bull though.

jscunn":3ds8yh5k said:
Just looking at his pedigree, NO. His dam is the dam of Gridmaker. I realize his BW EPD is 1.8 but that is with zero calves reported. I would find something more proven. Good looking bull though.

What new ET bull isn't she the dam of?

Touche'

Have you ever seen her. I saw one of the RFD programs on Wehrman (VA) and they showed her. Lets put it this way she needs to be on another TV program "The biggest Loser" boy she was fat.

The only reason she's so fat is cause all they do is flush her.
If I had a cow that made me that much money she could be as fat as she wanted as long as she produce fertile eggs.

I think she has had two natural calves. I would wait on him for heifers. 1I2 is a lower BW but at the same time his flush mate 1I1 has a terrible 5+ BW. There are proven bulls with just as good a qualities as he has.

If I were to use this bull on heifers I would use him on larger framed heifers that have low bw epd's or a family history of calving ease, cause we all know that epd's are only a tool to help in selection.

Latest posts