Ritchie Waterer

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":3orra0mb said:
cfpinz":3orra0mb said:
When the float sticks, well pump pressure switch goes bad, mice chew thru the cord to the pressure tank heater in the winter, etc...

I check cows once a week, and those things tend to bother me.
You should otta ride your horse over there every day.

Nowhere for the dog to ride!

TennesseeTuxedo":1pubgii9 said:
Works for us and that's my number one objective.

That's the thing here, there's no one size fits all in farming.

From my point of view, Mother Nature provides us with plenty of good water hassle free. And I've got a pretty good feel for when those creeks/springs will dry up each year, if so. Not so much with mechanical delivery methods.

cfpinz":16eaeyay said:
dun":16eaeyay said:
cfpinz":16eaeyay said:
When the float sticks, well pump pressure switch goes bad, mice chew thru the cord to the pressure tank heater in the winter, etc...

I check cows once a week, and those things tend to bother me.
You should otta ride your horse over there every day.

Nowhere for the dog to ride!
Hook a travois or a side car on the nag.

turklilley":3izfja2e said:
Why does Richie not put the drain in the bottom of their waterers? I scrub mine with a stiff brush and cleaner, but then you can't drain the crap out.

Hi - Ruth from Ritchie here. We do have models available that have the drain plug on the bottom of the trough and the others are located on the side with a slope. What models do you have? I would be happy to pass your suggestion on to engineering.

ClinchValley":2d8ym0bi said:
Its nice to have water where you need it. But i really do hate these waterers. There always seems to be something going on with them. Two of our three are constantly having to be tinkered on. The float assembly gets worn out in no time. Flexes and bends. I have been exploring the equipment tire idea. Any of y'all do the tire route? Any other ideas?

Our 2 site Richie's don't allow enough animals to drink at a given time. When we get numbers where we want it will be an issue i am pretty sure.

Hi, Ruth from Ritchie here! Sorry to hear that you are having issues. It sounds more like a water pressure issue, which is becoming more and more common in Tennessee. Give our engineers a call and they will be happy to help.