Rip him apart

Help Support CattleToday:

andicetx

Reaction score
What about this bull? He is 6 months old. Thanks

cow.jpg

andicetx, What about him? I took another look.

He looks real small,

What do you plan to do with him?

mnmt

For my tastes, at 6 months old he should really be quite a bit larger and show some more muscle with all that leg.

What breed is he? I agree with the others. You should make him a steer. I can't really tell cause the pics are real small on my monitor, but I think he might make an alright show steer prospect.

Jay

A little less than typical bull calf. I got bunch I'm fixing to trailer wean if ya want some typical ones. Solid black and solid reds. :lol:

andicetx":10d17xls said:
he is a simmental. If I sell him as a steer what is he worth?
Ouch! Wish I hadn't read that!!! Your pics are extremely small so really hard to tell much - BUT, he really looks LITTLE. Should easily be weighing 600# - he LOOKS 300#. I realize you are probably really hurting for pasture with the drought.
I would NOT consider him for bull prospect. If he's the best bull calf you have, you have a serious nutritional problem - or really poor milking cows. But, again, I realize there are a lot of cattlemen with "hurting" cattle because of the weather.

looks like you spent time halter breaking him. but what has he been eating? blieve id back up and take a hard look at my program. its a lesson learned too put that much time and effort in a dink but he!! we all been there ;-)