ringworm

Help Support CattleToday:

Any athlete foots treatments will work. If the calf is in a smallish area, spray down any hard surfaces with a mixture of about 10 parts water to 1 prt bleach. Spray it till it runs.

I'd be taking the kid to a doctor, get a prescription for him. I had it a couple years ago, tried all sorts of things, they just made it worse. Went and got a prescription and within a week (mine was BAD) it was healing up. It can take up to 3 weeks for it to completely go away.

As for the calf, I find Coppertox works good for us.

a 1:8 solution of lime sulphar works very well and seldom requires a second treatment, it smells nasty though and the stain will stay for a few days on your kids.

Could be worse they could have head lice..............Just kidding.

We always treated it with Absorbine Jr.(atheletes foot med) and believe me we had it a lot.

When I was a kid we lived in a federal housing project and most of my Black friends got it on their head one year. Seems like they shaved their heads and rubbed Zinc Oxide on the ringworm and then stretched nylon stocking over their heads to keep it on.(BTW that was over their heads not their faces) that came later.

someone on this board recommended "horseman's dream fungaway" at one point. i have a couple bottles sitting here on my shelf that I've never tried.

As mentioned earlier, any athlete's foot meds will work. My Dr recommends Monistat 7 feminine product, or a generic for athlete's foot and/or ringworm. He says it's much more effective and works faster. He said to stick with the 7 day stuff, that the 1 and 3 day were not nearly as effective. He also said ointments worked much better than creams. Now, if I can just get the wife to pick me up a tube.

Fluid Film from John Deere works great for killing it and helping the hide heal up.

Latest posts