RFD tv sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
Did anybody catch the cattle sale on RFD tv today? i just happened onto it, usually whenever i flip on RFD its horse training or something like that. i rarely ever see anything to do with cattle on there. I saw some nice looking tigerstripe cows on that tv screen with some good looking black and black w/face calves. Anyway, i couldnt help but notice how much lower that one group of angus cows brought. what was the deal there? they were New Design. did anyone else catch it?

Yes, Beefy I saw about an hour of it while I was in the house recovering from the intense heat and flys.

Saw some really REALLY nice Texas tiger stripes bred to a list of top angus bulls.

Some did go high and I thought the heifer group was high too.
Their weights were projected to be 625 at pick up time.

I kept thinking of Caustic when I was watching the show.

Those Hereford/Brahman cross cows were magnificent.
Lots of capacity. Great colors. Did you see their udders ?! Those calves were some of the top ones that I saw.

The other group I saw was the one with Charolais calves sired by some top named bulls as well.

The straight bred angus calves didnt seem to go for as much as the crosses.
I have been searching for my notes for the exact prices.

I always scribble down the prices when I watch. Habit.
Unfortunately yesterday was so hot I think I scribbled down the info on a napkin and now can't find it.

i try to always watch the auctions on rfd tv most of the cows they sold yesterday was older bred cows or pairs in the $800 to 1300 range the bred an open heifers where soft going for $900 to 1200 the solid mouth cows sold worth the money scott

I caught it I always watch rfd I love it I put the auction on while workin around the house I prefer the angus cattle auctions but I watch them all. Gettin a good dollar for cattle these days.Not sure why the New Design cattle went low either Beefy Sometimes it is who is bidding and sometimes you get a good deal.

Beefy":2nef0ayb said:
Did anybody catch the cattle sale on RFD tv today? i just happened onto it, usually whenever i flip on RFD its horse training or something like that. i rarely ever see anything to do with cattle on there. I saw some nice looking tigerstripe cows on that tv screen with some good looking black and black w/face calves. Anyway, i couldnt help but notice how much lower that one group of angus cows brought. what was the deal there? they were New Design. did anyone else catch it?
Did any of you see the Tigerstripe Pairs Yesterday? they were outstanding cattle, I believe they brought 1500. We have RFD down at the Store.

I wish I had RFDtv, I have digital cable though. I hear they are expanding, and they are gonna hit the cable systems. I really like the channel, but all the reruns through the week of Big Joe Polka Fest, and other shows like tah kill me!! And way to many horse shows. Ive had horses my whole life and love them, but watchin that Downunderhorsmanship with Clinton Anderson gets on my nerves!! Need more cattle shows

CopeMan":lb3y9tof said:
I wish I had RFDtv, I have digital cable though. I hear they are expanding, and they are gonna hit the cable systems. I really like the channel, but all the reruns through the week of Big Joe Polka Fest, and other shows like tah kill me!! And way to many horse shows. Ive had horses my whole life and love them, but watchin that Downunderhorsmanship with Clinton Anderson gets on my nerves!! Need more cattle shows
I agree, it can get very repetitive. Never the less it's about time someone started a network that we all can enjoy. Just hope it never goes the way of TNN. Man they messed up a good thing.

Crowderfarms":2cefl7my said:
CopeMan":2cefl7my said:
I agree, it can get very repetitive. Never the less it's about time someone started a network that we all can enjoy. Just hope it never goes the way of TNN. Man they messed up a good thing.

Thats true, it is a good station for people like us. They just need to take in more consideration of what people like and get someone in there to make some good shows. I mean every episode I have ever seen of the The Cattle Show has bored me to death. The last one I seen was about Hydraulic Squeeze Chutes...zzzzzzzzz !! I like the Classic Tractor Shows, and all the Farm Report SHows like Prairie Farm Report, the Georgia Farm Monitor and others but really all the music and cooking shows really get on my nerves. ANd something I think is stupid is that they have an hour program showing country videos!! Come On!!! If I wanna watch country videos I tune to CMT. I dunno why they bother with that, theres already a million Country Music stations! Oh yeah and craft shows!! Just thought I would vent a little!! I also enjoy AgPhd, even though it is boring.

well, my problem is that i only get to watch it late at night or maybe if i'm lucky during lunch if i get time to eat lunch. until this week i've never seen any cattle shows at all on there. but everytime i have time to see whats on its a horsetraining show except for that one time the polka show was on. i kind of like the polka show..lol. granted there are a lot of horse enthusiasts out there but come on now.

Beefy":ntk6uasi said:
well, my problem is that i only get to watch it late at night or maybe if i'm lucky during lunch if i get time to eat lunch. until this week i've never seen any cattle shows at all on there. but everytime i have time to see whats on its a horsetraining show except for that one time the polka show was on. i kind of like the polka show..lol. granted there are a lot of horse enthusiasts out there but come on now.

I agree, there are alot of horse enthusiasts but it seems like they have a training show for every breed of horse...lol! The only one I like is Parelli Natural Horsmanship and the Chris Cox Training. That Clinton Anderson has the most annoying Australian accent ever!! Id like to throw em' on the barby!!

i didnt see any tigers yesterday, all i saw were a bunch of hereford, angus, red angus, and charolais calves. but there were some good looking ones on tuesday. almost enough to make a fella a homeshopping addict.

Beefy":3qjfvbhh said:
i didnt see any tigers yesterday, all i saw were a bunch of hereford, angus, red angus, and charolais calves. but there were some good looking ones on tuesday. almost enough to make a fella a homeshopping addict.
Beefy, I'll be glad to get you a Bidder's number. :D

I don't get to watch it much, but I pulled the below comment from their website. Sounds like they are willing to listen if you have specific recommendations on programming. Send them a message and let them know what you want to see.

"RFD-TV loves hearing from you folks, and we take great pride in responding to any questions, suggestions, or comments that you might have about programming or other issues to better serve our viewers. Please try to direct your message to the appropriate person at RFD-TV, per the listings below, or just send your e-mail to [email protected] and we will route this through the proper channels."