reversible fan.

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
I have a 4230 case-ih when baling that can run about 4 hours and then the radiator needs cleaned. Has any one used one of the reversible fans. You are supposed to be able to reverse tham and blow the radiator clean. http://www.cleanfix.org/home

I used to run a Komatsu wheel loader with a reversible fan. It worked good enough to get you to the end of the day or dinner time when you could get to the shop to blow it out. I feed a Vermeer tubgrinder with the machine grinding once hammer hardwood mulch. The dust was extremely fine saw dust. It was about like the chaff that you get baling hay. Once that stuff gets wet its game over. It had to be washed out. The best thing i have found to do is use coil cleaner for an ac unit. I mix it about 1/2-2/3 strength and spray with care not to get any in any electrical connections.

I've been wanting one for my TV-140 for cutting hay, I run a disc mower on the front and a regular disc mower on the rear, but I'm afraid of the price tag.

Many of the large track-hoes I run have reversible fans on them. They reverse automatically every 15 minutes or so and seem to work quite well. I agree with high cotton. Once the build-up on the radiator gets wet it is much harder to remove. I think the reversible fan would work well for you, but make sure you reverse it before the radiator is completely plugged.

I have no experience with a reversible fan , but I have screens on my radiators and if the temp goes up a little I shut the tractor off and brush the dirt off , then start up and let it idle until the gauge goes back to normal.

Latest posts