Respect

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Respect is something that is earned.

Consider your true friends for a moment. Who's got your back? Do you even have friends? Do you have any social skills? Do you have any skills?

There are several people I respect in this forum. I feel sorry for some of you.

I Agree. If I have lost respect from anyone here because I have said something that you feel is wrong It is my job to earn your respect back. I Know several people on this site that if I was in a bind would drop everything and come running. There are also a several that if they called me and asked for help I would drive 10hrs straight to help because I respect them.

To parpharse forrest gump, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. But half of them will be nuts"

backhoeboogie":1ebip7v5 said:

I couldn't agree more!

Consider your true friends for a moment. Who's got your back? Do you even have friends? Do you have any social skills? Do you have any skills?

I know I have some of these. I may even have a few on the boards.

I know many here on the boards can say "Yes" to all of those questions.

:nod:

Good post boogie!

As for dun------- I can't argue with that statement! :lol2:

backhoeboogie":2n2af4jc said:

This is so very true!
I find some people confuse respect with courtesy.
Courtesy should be given automatically, at least until there's a reason not to.
Respect, on the other hand, is not given simply by virtue of one's existence, gender, age, whatever. One must actually know another, before respect can be given or earned. And if you haven't earned it, it isn't real respect.

backhoeboogie":3g1awa4r said:
I simply don't understand why others can't understand.

Don't spend to long trying to figure it out. There are people who aren't worried about getting respect from others. Its just the reality of things.

That's not a jab from me to you. :) I don't doubt your a good guy whether we agree on things or not.

backhoeboogie":1yqg5wsa said:
Texas PaPaw":1yqg5wsa said:
Amen!! You hit the nail on the head. Good post!!

I met you in real life. You are a class act.

Thanks for the kind words. Feel the same about you. Proud to call you a friend. Had a great deal of respect prior to meeting you and it was further confirmed at our meeting.

Keep up the good posts.

CottageFarm":hh91t5rv said:
backhoeboogie":hh91t5rv said:

This is so very true!
Respect, on the other hand, is not given simply by virtue of one's existence, gender, age, whatever. One must actually know another, before respect can be given or earned. And if you haven't earned it, it isn't real respect.

Very well said!

MO_cows":e5oto9u7 said:
CottageFarm":e5oto9u7 said:
backhoeboogie":e5oto9u7 said:

This is so very true!

Very well said!
+1
CottageFarm said this very well.
I think many people do not realize the difference between respect an courtesy.
They are both in short supply in today's world.

Ryder":fktwsmuv said:
+1
CottageFarm said this very well.

I think many people do not realize the difference between respect an courtesy.
They are both in short supply in today's world.

I agree on both counts! :nod: :nod: :nod:

This topic prompted me to remember something my granny would say sometimes. I can't remember her exact words, so I tried to do a google search to if it was a common old "country speak" type deal. I could not find it. Granny would say "earned by sweat, lost by tongue"
I'm am paraphrasing, and ashamed I can't recall it right now. But what she said and how I took it was that respect is something you work over a period of to earn and all you earned can disappear with a few words. Not sure how this fits into this discussion but thought I'd share it. I know I've had several words slip out that cost me a lot over the years.

Ouachita":xwcvwl23 said:
This topic prompted me to remember something my granny would say sometimes. I can't remember her exact words, so I tried to do a google search to if it was a common old "country speak" type deal. I could not find it. Granny would say "earned by sweat, lost by tongue"
I'm am paraphrasing, and ashamed I can't recall it right now. But what she said and how I took it was that respect is something you work over a period of to earn and all you earned can disappear with a few words. Not sure how this fits into this discussion but thought I'd share it. I know I've had several words slip out that cost me a lot over the years.
That's akin to "1 ah shyt wipes out all the atta boys"