Resoring a super M

Help Support CattleToday:

Iowa-angus

Reaction score
Hi. My dad has a farmall super M and I thought about restoring it for 4-H. What do you guys think?

I think it would be a great project. Maybe make a little money to boot if you do a good job. That is if you wanted to sell it after its finished.

Is it something that the two of you value? (your dad and you?) I've found that doing a restore for your own personal pleasure is great, but if you are doing it for resale, you will most likely be upside down in the value of the tractor. If you are going to keep it around for a while, I can't think of a finer investement.

I did a 51 Farmall Cub. I think I have about 3 grand tottal invested in my tractor. It's a beautiful machine, but probably not worth the full three grand. But it was a tractor that I remember from my childhood, so there is a sentimental value attached to the tractor.

DSCF0001_001_006.jpg

yes, it does have sentimental value to me. My grandpa bought it so it has been around for a while. Hopefully I don't have to put 3 grand into it. I won't have many mechanical problems because it still runs great... It mostly needs a new seat and a paint job... But of course you never know what you will find on closer inspection...

Go for it, it's a great tractor and parts are easy to find, check out Jones Salvage and there is a lot on Ebay. I really feel the M and Super M were tractors setting the standard of their time. We still use 2 M's here on a daily basis.

Latest posts