Required Reading for All Cattlemen

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I've posted before on here about this book- but today found a post on another site where someone put up the name and address of where you can get it...

I agree 100%--everybody involved in the cattle business should read this book Ben wrote...There were a lot of eyeopening things for me- which made me curious- so I even double checked thru the provided sources-and it made me research more thru several livestock buyer acquaintances I have- and when I finished- convinced me that the John Gotti family was choirboys compared to the Packer Mafia...

I had a copy that Ben sent me- but passed it around so much I lost track of who had it...One of the Canadians was passing them out at his bull sales...

Health Research Books
P.O. Box 850
Pomeroy, WA 99347

The book is entitled, Past Present And how we can survive for the Future in the beef cattle business by Ben Roberts

I'd recommend everybody in the cattle business read Ben's book. You don't have to be anti-packer, you don't have to be a U.S. citizen, you don't have to be an R-CALF member, an NCBA member, or fit any particular group to get something out of it. But if you're in the cattle business, you really need to read it.

It's got a lot of good history in it regarding the beef industry and packer collusion. It's a business that Ben knows well and he put a lot of his life into it - as well as a lot of work into this book.

Latest posts