replacement heifer prices

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
took my nephew to look at some reg beefmaster weaning age heifers.an man are they high this year.rode with my buddy in his truck an nephew followed us in his truck.buddy told me the weaned heifers will go for $1000 this year.an i laughed an said them boys will come home empty then.as i told him they was thinking $800 to $850.so they ended up picking 3 heifers an he let them go for $2500 or $830ea.he showed me 1 i want for $850hd.but i got to sell some 1st.if that happens ill end up buying 2 heifers at $850.he said he should go to $1200 for them as breeding age heifers are selling for $2500 to $4000.

bigbull338":dk1jihw3 said:
took my nephew to look at some reg beefmaster weaning age heifers.an man are they high this year.rode with my buddy in his truck an nephew followed us in his truck.buddy told me the weaned heifers will go for $1000 this year.an i laughed an said them boys will come home empty then.as i told him they was thinking $800 to $850.so they ended up picking 3 heifers an he let them go for $2500 or $830ea.he showed me 1 i want for $850hd.but i got to sell some 1st.if that happens ill end up buying 2 heifers at $850.he said he should go to $1200 for them as breeding age heifers are selling for $2500 to $4000.

I sold two F-1 (true F-1's Ryder) at six month's for a 1000 each.
That is salebarn price here. I have seen some crazy high prices this year.
I have seen bred heifers go for over 2000 regularly at the barn.
Neighbor couple miles down the road and called me to be on the look out for a couple he had bought that went through the fence. He had went and bought a trailer load from out of state.

well from what he told me he let them go to cheap.but he makes plenty of money off of them.if things work out im going to call him an take 2 more heifers.

bigbull338":jwr0gess said:
well from what he told me he let them go to cheap.but he makes plenty of money off of them.if things work out im going to call him an take 2 more heifers.

BB, weren't you bull shopping a while back? Did you find one?

fitz

actual e-mail from an reputation angus ranch

mary lou

the heifers you have for sale could you give me the weight/age and price ?
thanks
bob

Thanks for the inquiry.
19 head

Asking $1450 ea or $27,000 for all of them,

Weaned 4 weeks, they should average over 600lbs,

Springing grade Holstein heifers are going for $1100 to $1250 here.
Could buy a load and then put two calves on each one :idea:
What a money maker!

midtncattle":id4nnbrr said:
I need sale my heifers in Texas!!

This one of the ad's down here.

30 black cows with 300# calves. Bull has been with cows since 15 may. $1800 pair. These cows are located in Missouri. If you need good replacement stock from the dought this is it. We are having a drought in missouri. Too good of stock to go for meat. email for more info. Glad to answer. leave phone number will call back. Thanks,

Latest posts