repair

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Anyone know how to repair rubber. The rubber "boot" between the cab and bunk in the KW has a crack in it and lets rain in. Is there something shy of a tire patch I can use to seal the 3 inch crack?

The best stuff I've used is Marine Goop in the blue tube:

http://amazinggoop.com/

Most silicones just won't stand up to the flex in the boot. Get some of the Marine Goop, clean the boot real good with ether and rough it up as good as you can. The rougher, the better. Be sure to let it cure for about ten minutes before you try to join it. I would think that one tube should do it.

I try to put another layer over it after I join it and feather it out to the edges. Works best if you can give it a couple of days to fully cure. It's only gonna buy you some time, though. Maybe get you through until next year.

A new boot, six or seven hours of sweat and plenty of cussing each other is only a matter of time. ;-)

Thanks for the info guys. The truck sits from friday afternoon till sunday evening. If I get at it as soon as the truck is shut down friday it should be good to go by sunday night.

Thanks again.

Latest posts