renting pasture

Help Support CattleToday:

simangus5

Reaction score
could somebody tell me what is the going rate for renting out pasture in the mid west.it is all pasture , no woods has a creek running through it. the man that owns it is to old to run cattle anymore. i have a chance to buy it but can not justify that amount of acerage yet. i would like to rent at least 1/2 of it(100 acres) for 3 years.thanks in advance.

Check with your local extension office. Around here just within a 20 mile radius there is a huge variation in pasture rents. Yupe of grass, and quality, fencing adequacy, etc., all go into the cost

dun

simangus5":5epy01be said:
could somebody tell me what is the going rate for renting out pasture in the mid west.it is all pasture , no woods has a creek running through it. the man that owns it is to old to run cattle anymore. i have a chance to buy it but can not justify that amount of acerage yet. i would like to rent at least 1/2 of it(100 acres) for 3 years.thanks in advance.
In the nw corner of CO pasture is going for about $12/head/month if you take care of fences, water, etc. If all is included, runs more like $16. And the pasture varies alot from, say highdesert to mountain range. So head per acre is a problem out here. Hard to find enough pasture to run any substantial numbers.

Depends on location and quality. There are usually two issues - - fence condition and (small) size of most pastures. I have heard of people paying from $0 to $25 an acre.

Latest posts