Renown vs net worth

Help Support CattleToday:

Don't know much about Renown. Sav Net Worth daughters are about as good an Angus cows as you can find. They check all the boxes.

My NW cow is hard to work. She goes nuts when in tight quarters. She is to dangerous to get in a tight area with. It makes AI difficult. But raises a huge calf. By far bigger calves than my Renown cows do.

In my limited experience, both make good cattle. Slightly more attitude and frame with net worth. Renowns are super gentle. A little more modern in size and type. Both will make calves that come on the large side so obviously use on cows only but have not had any calving issues. I think the question comes down to, what are you hoping to achieve with them?

In my limited experience, both make good cattle. Slightly more attitude and frame with net worth. Renowns are super gentle. A little more modern in size and type. Both will make calves that come on the large side so obviously use on cows only but have not had any calving issues. I think the question comes down to, what are you hoping to achieve with them?
Trying to make the best replacement heifers I can

Trying to make the best replacement heifers I can
Renown. My oldest renown daughter is just about to calve, great udder, stylish, perfect size. Feet are better in a renown too. Some in the traveler 004 line will develop corkscrew toe. Had an awesome net worth bull but had to dump him by the time he hit 5 because the toes started to curl over... love net worth for the power but the proof is in the pudding as they say. Will put a picture of the renown with her calf in the next week or so. Do you have any straws of renown on hand?

The Net Worth's can be wild, but if I see him back in a pedigree, it's not a dealbreaker for me. Birth weights can be on the higher side. I do think they make decent cows.
I don't have experience with Renown.

My NW cow is hard to work. She goes nuts when in tight quarters. She is to dangerous to get in a tight area with. It makes AI difficult. But raises a huge calf. By far bigger calves than my Renown cows do.
I think this is a common experience. NW's can be real high headed.

Renown. My oldest renown daughter is just about to calve, great udder, stylish, perfect size. Feet are better in a renown too. Some in the traveler 004 line will develop corkscrew toe. Had an awesome net worth bull but had to dump him by the time he hit 5 because the toes started to curl over... love net worth for the power but the proof is in the pudding as they say. Will put a picture of the renown with her calf in the next week or so. Do you have any straws of renown on hand?
I've got some on hand yet and a couple of Renown sons

I've seen some great looking NW offspring but very few didn't have a poor disposition. Really considered a son several years ago at an auction until he nearly butted a ringman out of the pen.. bidding dried up after that and I sat on my hands 😅

NW made some excellent cows but he did throw attitude. i saw him at stud back in the day he was massive a bit heavy through the shoulder but I think he had to be to carry all the mass. Renown is cleaner fronted with excellent feet if I had to choose between the two it would be Renown.

I'm trying too find NW semen now. I have a granddaughter who is a very nice cow. Less frame than I like but otherwise nice. She is ok too handle. Has a good memory so best too handle her right. Planning to A I her this fall. Either Bloodkine or Dow Jones. I have only seen a few NW's and they have been smaller framed and not as stout as the NW's I've seen.

I'm trying too find NW semen now. I have a granddaughter who is a very nice cow. Less frame than I like but otherwise nice. She is ok too handle. Has a good memory so best too handle her right. Planning to A I her this fall. Either Bloodkine or Dow Jones. I have only seen a few NW's and they have been smaller framed and not as stout as the NW's I've seen.
Dow Jones all day long over Bloodline. If you want stout look at S A V Scale House. I am going to use him on my Net Worth cow until she takes.

Dow Jones all day long over Bloodline. If you want stout look at S A V Scale House. I am going to use him on my Net Worth cow until she takes.
Dow Jones will be used on heifers only. His BW is too low for me too use him on mature cows. Also those I have talked too don't feel he will have the mature frame I desire for a mature cow bull. Will breed the heifers too him and Stock Fund. From the Stock Fund calves I've seen DJ will be hard pressed too top them.
Scale House has too many questions for me too use at this time. I'm going too likely use Bloodline on the advice of a top cattle man who has seen both and knows the bloodlines of both. I would use Panhandle before I would Scale House.

Dow Jones will be used on heifers only. His BW is too low for me too use him on mature cows. Also those I have talked too don't feel he will have the mature frame I desire for a mature cow bull. Will breed the heifers too him and Stock Fund. From the Stock Fund calves I've seen DJ will be hard pressed too top them.
Scale House has too many questions for me too use at this time. I'm going too likely use Bloodline on the advice of a top cattle man who has seen both and knows the bloodlines of both. I would use Panhandle before I would Scale House.
What were his opinions when he saw the bulls ? I have a friend that is an owner at a semen company, he is telling me Scale House will be super hot and to use Dow Jones on heifers. Here is a picture from a friend of mine ( from Texas not Kentucky) of a yearling Bloodline heifer out of a 7229 cow.

Attachments

• C5A8EA15-9390-4541-8445-BB8F99424542.png
    C5A8EA15-9390-4541-8445-BB8F99424542.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
What were his opinions when he saw the bulls ? I have a friend that is an owner at a semen company, he is telling me Scale House will be super hot and to use Dow Jones on heifers. Here is a picture from a friend of mine ( from Texas not Kentucky) of a yearling Bloodline heifer out of a 7229 cow.
They say DJ should be a nice heifer bull if real world results match his numbers. Been told Bloodline has everything I look for in a sire for mature cows.

Where are you located? What's a straw of NW worth to you?

West Central OK. What I will pay depends on shipping and handling. IMO sometimes someone is using shipping and handling too make money. I've got a bid in for $60.00 a share for 5 shares. I'm a commercial breeder

Latest posts