Regestered Beefmaster ?

Help Support CattleToday:

wbrowning

Reaction score
I,m looking to get some more cows what do youv guys think of regestered Beefmasters. I,m going to look at some reds a Doctor where I live is switching over to all blacks and he said he would make me a great deal on the reds. Any help would be appreciated.

wbrowning":1t6nnlig said:
I,m looking to get some more cows what do youv guys think of regestered Beefmasters. I,m going to look at some reds a Doctor where I live is switching over to all blacks and he said he would make me a great deal on the reds. Any help would be appreciated.

Might be a great deal for you. Cross that beefmaster with an angus or brangus bull and you'll get mostly black. Or cross them with a Char. and you'll get some huge terminals. You could cross them with about anything that didn't have too much brahman and come out with some nice looking calves.

id talk to that guy an see what he wants for the cattle.im getting into reg beefmasters in the spring an bred heifers will cost me $2000 a hd.im buying the high powered bloodlines tho.$1500 would be a good deal on reg beefmasters.scott

Our son purchased a cross beefmaster/charleigh two years ago. She's the biggest cow Auburn University Vet school has ever seen. When we bought her, she was 1450 but she's about 1700 now. Produced a big bull calf last year and this year a fine keeper heifer that weighs 550 at 5 months old.

We wish we had 20 more just like "Big Mama". I need to take a pic so you can see for yourself.

It's not just that she's big, but she's the best mama we've ever had.

AlabamaQualityBeef":1s2kyiw8 said:
Our son purchased a cross beefmaster/charleigh two years ago. She's the biggest cow Auburn University Vet school has ever seen. When we bought her, she was 1450 but she's about 1700 now. Produced a big bull calf last year and this year a fine keeper heifer that weighs 550 at 5 months old.

We wish we had 20 more just like "Big Mama". I need to take a pic so you can see for yourself.

It's not just that she's big, but she's the best mama we've ever had.
AlabamaQualityBeef- I am curious as to what her Annual Maintenance Feed Cost would be? Do you have any stats on that expense?

DOC HARRIS

I dont know about his set up but 20 head of cows that size would put me out looking for hay around january. i have one cow that will go about 1550 to 1600 doesnt wean any heavier calf than my 1200 pounders she has a full sister that weighs around 1200 there calves will average about the same :hat:

Well it turns out they were U2's bred to a registered bull he didn't have the bulls papers with him. He wanted $1500.00 not bad looking cows but we passed I guess I'm too pickey. but I raise registered Quarter Horses that are bred to be a cutting horse so I don't mind spending a little more for good stock.

Latest posts