Red River Rivalry

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade

Reaction score
Any predictions for the game this weekend when #3 Oklahoma takes on the #11 Texas Ladyhorns?

Nope. No predictions. When its over, if the phone starts ringing and ringing, Oklahoma won. If the phone does not ring, Texas won.

If Texas loses, Okie friends will call. Count on that. An old friend from Eufaula will probably call either way.

I don't think Texas is at the same level a OK, OK should win easily. I not for OK as much as I'm against Texas.

Alan

After years of watching this game the only certainty is that there is nothing certain. All rankings go out the window and it's anyones guess either way. Of course I'm for the Sooners but I don't wear Crimson colored glasses either. Personally I think right now Bama is the best team in the country.

OU needs to enjoy tomorrow, cause their is gonna be some serious whip a$$ coming out Austin in the coming years. 19 freshmen playing in their first year and holding their on .bodes well. If their freshman center hadn't got hurt, they might have gave the Sooners a run for there money tomorrow.

houstoncutter":r67ndaak said:
OU needs to enjoy tomorrow, cause their is gonna be some serious whip a$$ coming out Austin in the coming years. 19 freshmen playing in their first year and holding their on .bodes well. If their freshman center hadn't got hurt, they might have gave the Sooners a run for there money tomorrow.
I think it will still be closer than people think. I wouldn't bet on this game with the spread for any reason.

Three things: Ok by three TD's Texas will be good in the years to come, but they can't hang with OK, too young. I gotta' start studying about the teams in the SEC for next year. gs

I don't think Missouri got the votes to join the sec.. from a football stand point I don't know y they would want to ...

Nothing against Texas but someone needs to explain to me how they can be #10 in the country this early when they were 5-7 last year. Have they really proven themselves already, or are the voters voting for the name of the school instead of the actual team? Seems to happen every year with the big name schools in both football and basketball.

VanC":bn1inqmn said:
Nothing against Texas but someone needs to explain to me how they can be #10 in the country this early when they were 5-7 last year. Have they really proven themselves already, or are the voters voting for the name of the school instead of the actual team? Seems to happen every year with the big name schools in both football and basketball.

Ditto, they got a butt kick'n but we will see how they are treated in the polls, you know ESPN is pushing the longhorn network big time this morning.

Alan

Sometimes it's not the schools as much as the coaches. Mack Brown is the reason they were ranked this high. Look at what Bill Snyder has done at K-State. I'll take a 5-3, say Bob Stoops coached team, over a 7-1 Ron Prince coached team, in every big game, even if the talent is equal. gs

You wagon riding hicks beat us like a drum........to bad so many freaky turn overs for td's. 9 different receivers!
I listened on the radio but as allways Boomer Sooner is looking strong this year.

Out of the country and out of contact so didn't get to see or head about any football this weekend. By the score looks like the Sooners had a field day. Aggies finally held on and won a scoring battle.