Red Flag Warning

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
All that rain in the area yesterday and we didn't get hit. 22 MPH sustatined winds and 28 MPH gusts. Hood, Somervell, Parker, Erath and a few others are under a Red Flag Warning. This seems to be predicted for the next few days because of the high fire hazard. 102 degrees predicted for the next 5 days with plenty of wind.

This is scary.

Good luck and i hope they miss you. if i was you, id take all of your pics and other keepsakes and put them in a safety deposit box, but that is just me.

good Idea D6

If you have any disced up ground put all your extra hay and machinery on the area. That way the will be more safe. Also if possible, disc up the perimiter of each pasture to keep it from spreading(if fire comes your way)

i wonder about the hay that people have lined up near the roads, i am thinking to my self..it just takes one doofess to throw out a cigerette and wooooof up goes your hay. maybe i aint just right. but when i see hay out by the road almost in the ditch, and no fence around it and i am thinking it wouldnt take no time for someone to back thier truck up with a hay spear on it and get a few rolls, if they got a few here and there they could have a good pocket full of change...we keep our hay put up way from the road, in a hay lot. maybe i am paraniod, but i have had more than a few of our things stolen, and i sure dont want to loose no hay. and there are more than enough dishonest people out there. am i the only one to think these thoughts ??
samm

I agree Samm. Some of my friends had hay about 100 feet off the road and a few stupid neighbor kids rode their bikes up their and set it all on fire. They lost all their hay that year. It is alot safer to put your hay WAY off the road.jmo.
d6cattleman

AngusSenorita":3h3v176a said:
good Idea D6

If you have any disced up ground put all your extra hay and machinery on the area. That way the will be more safe. Also if possible, disc up the perimiter of each pasture to keep it from spreading(if fire comes your way)

I've taken those precautions. Also, the Cat, backhoe, and tractor with disc are all full of fuel. With the winds, fire will travel just that fast. It is extremely dry.

Can't brush hog the upper fields. It is too dry and has been for too long. Cows (that I still have) are across the road and safe. I'd disc it but it would blow away if I did. Cactus (out in the brush lines) isn't dying yet but it is turning. Bull nettles are finally dying.

backhoeboogie":o6hd32mn said:
All that rain in the area yesterday and we didn't get hit. 22 MPH sustatined winds and 28 MPH gusts. Hood, Somervell, Parker, Erath and a few others are under a Red Flag Warning. This seems to be predicted for the next few days because of the high fire hazard. 102 degrees predicted for the next 5 days with plenty of wind.

This is scary.

We watched the rain yesterday...from afar. It was sooooo close, and then poof, nothing.

I'm really getting nervous.

Alice

On my way home from Graham yesterday, I saw a pretty big fire outside of Graford. It was in those hills around Possum Kingdom lake, which looked like some rough country to access.

Latest posts