Red Balancer Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
He is 3/4 Gelbvieh and 1/4 Blk Angus(Morgans Direction. The cow side is Kit Tabasco and Ozz breeding. He weaned 205 days @ 750lbs BW was 80. I bought him and his Dam.(shown with him.) She is 5 and I liked what she produces so I bought her.
I know he's not perfect but there's a lot to like in him. If I could I would make him a bit deeper in the heartgirth but that may come with time. I am going to put him on test in mid October and hopefully he will PAP no worse than 40 and the Ultrasound and Gene testing will go well.

IMG_1102_3_.jpg

Cow_pics_005.jpg

IMG_1098.JPG

Cow_pics_007.jpg

Takin a dip with Mom @ 110 degrees

Cow_pics_011.jpg

One of the nicest pairs I've seen on here. Look like great doing cattle and I applaud you for backing up what you liked in the calf by buying the cow - good luck with them both.

aussie_cowgirl":1agrqtqk said:
Oh good you bought her too! Definitely need an update in a few months.

She was AI'd to Ozz Ideal Legacy this spring so hopefully the update will include another dandy like this fella.

Congrats , they look great , looks like a top notch cow maybe you hould flush her , make her a donor see what happens. Show us the calf when he turns yearling.

As for the bull 3way, I really appreciate the thickness and I find him correct in structure, looks to be quite wide over the top also. As you've mentioned there are a couple of things you'd change (heartgirth, prepuce, perhaps a touch more depth) but I think the good easily outweighs the bad in this instance. He is showing some great potential and I think he'll grow into that potential by the age you want it. To me he looks to be the heavy muscling type.

Yes if you could wave your magic wand and give him a little more depth, you probably would. He has a lot of length which kind of creates an optical illusion of less depth, I think. In the 2nd photo you can see how much he favors his dam and she sure looks to be a good one. Nice looking young bull overall, and hope to see more pics of him as he grows out.

I really like the both of them (are you shocked??) :p

Basically everyone has already talked about him, really the only thing I personally would fault him on is the heartgirth, and thats nitpicking. I just really like his overall sire's appeal.

Does mum have sore feet?

Keren":378yb7un said:
I really like the both of them (are you shocked??) :p

Basically everyone has already talked about him, really the only thing I personally would fault him on is the heartgirth, and thats nitpicking. I just really like his overall sire's appeal.

Does mum have sore feet?
She didn't walk like her feet were sore! Why do you ask?

I will take him off your hands. Very nice looking bull. Just the style I like to put on my place. I'm assuming your planning on keeping him to use on your herd?

Latest posts