Really BIG Pic's

Help Support CattleToday:

mitchwi

Reaction score
Is anyone else having this problem? When someone posts pic's and I look at the thread the pics are HUGE! I have to scroll over and down just to see it all.....this only seemed to happen after Macon's software upgrade.....Any setting I can change? All else looks the same....Thanks for any help!

I have been noticing the same problem but not with all pictures just some of them??? I thought it was something on my machine but guess not.... :?

yeah i have that problem too. ever since i got back my pics have been huge. i didnt do anything to them before, photobucket took care of it all. now they are huge and i figued it was something i screwed up messing with the computer.

Need to re-size the photos either on photobucket or on your computer before you put them on PB. If your installed software doesn't have a re-size option, can but software very cheap. Also the digital camera software often has editing software included in the camera package. This is always a problem with large size photos if you have a camera with 3 mp or larger. A reasonable size of pixels for e-mailing and posting is about 640 x 480. Anything over 1000 x 1000 will be problem with large image.

Is there some way Macon get a fix for this? In conjunction with Photobucket? So hard to get the full effect of the pic when you can only see it a quarter at a time! :D

It's not the boards - it's the picture itself. The poster needs to resize the photo before posting it. I usually size mine to about 400x300 pixels, big enough to see but not so big it won't load for you folks on dial-up.

i dont know about that, b/c i never had to do anything to my pictures-photobucket automatically resized them and when i posted them here they were fine. now they are bigger, not huge, but bigger.

Check to see if photobucket's changed anything. Those type of sites are notorious for making modifications to their photo sharing/storage program or uploading. I'm not using photobucket now - have in the past - but the place I use has a box you can check to automatically resize pics. Or sometimes it will resize them without being "asked".

Can't say as I've run across a photo-sharing site that will make the pics larger than you have them set for as that would distort the photo (but some will make them smaller), so if you size them before uploading you shouldn't have problems.

Milkmaid, can I ask what site you use to post pictures? Photobucket is proving to be a little more trouble than I have the patience for. Not sure if it's them or me. :oops:

both of my photobuckets (yes,i have two. Shhh!) say "images larger than 512Kb will be resized automatically"
oh well..

Beefy, that's resolution (pixels/inch) or image size (KBs)...not dimensions (height x width). What's bothering you folks is the dimensions of the photos are too large for the screen. When the resolution is too high the photo takes forever to load. 72 pixels/inch is standard and loads quickly. You can have a big photo with low resolution that loads in a second, or smaller photo with high resolution that you're waiting...and waiting...and waiting for.

Here's the size I like mine... 300x400 pixels and 351KBs...
moritzdecember.jpg

Small enough to see in a glance. Would you folks on dial-up say that loads fairly quickly?

In my opinion, 640 X 480 works fine if the photo is a lower resolution, but I think that should be the largest size posted to a board. That dimension allows standard resizing without having to crop.

I think 320 X 240 is the next standard size down, which should load extreamly well when saved on low resolutions.

Whenever I see that someone has uploaded huge picture files, I just back out and move on.

Latest posts