RE.WATERHEATERS

Help Support CattleToday:

gonzo

Reaction score
Temps got down in the low 20's this past week , one day even go into the teens. I got 3 100 gallon tubs for water all 3 had an inch of ice on the top. I went out and busted the ice off the top and scooped it out for 2 days then I finally ran out the lead cordsand plugged in the heaters in 2 of the tubs. I'M keepin the ice off the 3rd the girls won't touch the 1 without the heater but they are drinkn the heck out of the others more than double what they were drinkin before.

Cows always prefer warm water when it is chilly out. We plug in our heaters as soon as it starts going below 0. Even if the sun would melt the ice off during the day they will drink more if it is warmer water and the heater is plugged in. Rather like me and a cup of hot chocolate at the end of the day. :D

I don't even notice the differance, I only run 2 for now then go down to 1 inside come 1st of the year. looks to me like we could have a long hard winter.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":gphtp6f0 said:
gonzo":gphtp6f0 said:
I don't even notice the differance, I only run 2 for now then go down to 1 inside come 1st of the year. looks to me like we could have a long hard winter.
Think we're going to make up for last winter??? :D
looks that way to me Jeanne the down staters got there butts kicked by Sandy , and us upstaters are gonna get it in 2113 . I'm not wish'n for it , but I am get'n ready. :bang:

Latest posts