Raw Peanuts

Help Support CattleToday:

About the only boiled peanuts that I like are the ones that I grow and boil myself. Most of the ones that you buy in the stores or roadside are overboiled, sour, and mushy. Now I like the Peanut Patch brand that you can find canned in the stores, but still not as good as home grown and boiled.

Post Oak":2r9uznug said:
About the only boiled peanuts that I like are the ones that I grow and boil myself. Most of the ones that you buy in the stores or roadside are overboiled, sour, and mushy. Now I like the Peanut Patch brand that you can find canned in the stores, but still not as good as home grown and boiled.

My local grocery carries canned and they are crap.

Post Oak":2ydfm66d said:
In the quick marts here, they got em heating up in crock pots..sell em by the cup..I was eating a cup a day, like I needed the salt....I don't even look at them right now..to much temptation for me....

slick4591":1aaeougd said:
Post Oak":1aaeougd said:

My local grocery carries canned and they are crap.
i can eat em, but they require a little more than just heating up... seem like their about halfway done...

Well , since we are on the route to the beach I know where all the good fruit stands are at. plus we have a couple of gentlemen in town that deliver and make a living peddling boiled Pnuts to businesses . Its an easy sell when he walks in with a warm quart bag of fresh boiled goobers.

I have always liked my boiled peanuts al dente. Boiled just long enough to soften up and to take the green snap out of them. I usually boiled mine for an hour and then cut them off and let them sink and soak in the salt water for an hour or so and then turn them back on to boil for another hour or two. I prefer the taste and flavor of the Valencia's but the jumbos will produce twice or more on the same ground when you are growing them.

This was about a half acre patch that I grew about 15 years ago. I worked it all with just a tiller and a hoe.

Latest posts