rare breeds?

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about "Ancient White Park" or "Florida Cracker" breeds? I've been talking to a guy who wants to use one or both of the breeds for grass fed beef and he thinks these rare breeds will help him find a nmiche market. I've never even heard of them.

I feed some White Parks out when I was in high school they aways sold real cheap everyone thought they were holsteins.Anyway they were kind that I think might do well in a grass fattening program but the ones I bought all came from the same farm, I don't know if their all that type.

If you think florida cracker cattle are rare...you obviously ain't ever been to S. LA. Hop in the airboat and I'll show you thousands in the marsh! Not to mention alot people have em just as crossbred bases here.

Horticattleman":2dqtykq9 said:
If you think florida cracker cattle are rare...you obviously ain't ever been to S. LA. Hop in the airboat and I'll show you thousands in the marsh! Not to mention alot people have em just as crossbred bases here.

Your right, I ain't never been to S. La. When did Southern Los Angeles get marsh land and thousands of Florida Cracker cattle? :p

Latest posts