Random thoughts on college football

Help Support CattleToday:

How bout them Jayhawks , its been so fun to watch them this year. the KU MU game in KC at Arrowhead this year will be a war.

Kudos to A&M , my son went down for the game two weeks ago and was absolutely taken care of by the A&M fans who fed them , kept them well watered , and generally entertained the visiting fans like no other.

Rangenerd":m3k09i7p said:
The ducks will not get past Oregon State. OSU's run defense is way to strong. The rumor is the china doll (AKA Dennis Dixon) is getting pretty dinged up, he was rumored to have had an MRI on his leg, and his arm has always been questionable.

Modoc county..... isn't that where they grow a lot of that california pot? I only ask because you must of been high when you posted this. Oregon State is a bit of a surpise this year, only because I figured them to land in the cellar and they a showing up be and okay team.

As far as "China dolls" knee, he did have a mri and it's 100%, just a MINOR spring. They just protected him in the last minutes of the game and he was ready to go back in if Oregon needed him. Don't forget Oregons back up QB is Brady Leaf, he could start at most other colleges in D 1.

I will give you credit on his questionable arm, he only complete 4 TD passes against Arizona state and is one of the leaders in the Heisman race.

OSU does have a decent run defense, but the ducks have a great, healthy, deep offensive line that wears teams down. On top of the Jonathan Stewart and two good back up running backs. Then the threat of the "china doll" taking off.

Sorry for the smart remarks, it was just to fun.

On a serious note, the Illini, proved once again, that any team on any day can win.... I just hope the Ducks win out. I'm still a little soar about Nebraska (the second place team in the Big 12 that year) squeezing out Oregon to Miami for the championship in 2001.

Alan

I wish I would have seen this thread last week! Thanks for all the Duck support, they are having a great season, it's alot of fun for this die hard duck fan. Their schedule is not too tough the rest of the season and they are pretty much healthy. But, again, as the Illini proved it's not over until it's over.

My dad is having a tough year, while he likes the Ducks and the Beavers, being from Oregon himself, he grew up in Nebraska and has always been a die hard Husker and Notre Dame fan .... not a good year for him.

Alan

Alan":37frm9fi said:
My dad is having a tough year, while he likes the Ducks and the Beavers, being from Oregon himself, he grew up in Nebraska and has always been a die hard Husker and Notre Dame fan .... not a good year for him.

Alan

Give your Dad my condolences. Trust me, I know what he's going through. I'm sure better tmes lie ahead.

Now that the new BCS is out, I can't help but wonder how good Kansas is. They have Missouri yet, but they leaped over Oklahoma and if they win out I think my Ducks are out. LSU is too good and don't have to much of a schedule left, same with the Ducks. Who know maybe if that happens we will play Oklahoma and try another on side kick.... :eek:

Just kidding you Sooner fans.

Alan

Alan":3407ib71 said:
I wish I would have seen this thread last week! Thanks for all the Duck support, they are having a great season, it's alot of fun for this die hard duck fan. Their schedule is not too tough the rest of the season and they are pretty much healthy. But, again, as the Illini proved it's not over until it's over.

Alan

When do the Ducks play again? Is it Thursday. I wonder if it will be nationally televised? This is all my Daughter is talking about, I better watch the game if I can.

mnmtranching":3tla93it said:
Alan":3tla93it said:

Alan

When do the Ducks play again? Is it Thursday. I wonder if it will be nationally televised? This is all my Daughter is talking about, I better watch the game if I can.

ESPN has it thursday at 6 pm, pacific time. They play Arizona, I hope they avoid the curse the #2 teams seem to have this year.

Alan

Alan":2bqw95oy said:
Rangenerd":2bqw95oy said:
The ducks will not get past Oregon State. OSU's run defense is way to strong. The rumor is the china doll (AKA Dennis Dixon) is getting pretty dinged up, he was rumored to have had an MRI on his leg, and his arm has always been questionable.

Modoc county..... isn't that where they grow a lot of that california pot? I only ask because you must of been high when you posted this. Oregon State is a bit of a surpise this year, only because I figured them to land in the cellar and they a showing up be and okay team.

As far as "China dolls" knee, he did have a mri and it's 100%, just a MINOR spring. They just protected him in the last minutes of the game and he was ready to go back in if Oregon needed him. Don't forget Oregons back up QB is Brady Leaf, he could start at most other colleges in D 1.

I will give you credit on his questionable arm, he only complete 4 TD passes against Arizona state and is one of the leaders in the Heisman race.

OSU does have a decent run defense, but the ducks have a great, healthy, deep offensive line that wears teams down. On top of the Jonathan Stewart and two good back up running backs. Then the threat of the "china doll" taking off.

Sorry for the smart remarks, it was just to fun.

On a serious note, the Illini, proved once again, that any team on any day can win.... I just hope the Ducks win out. I'm still a little soar about Nebraska (the second place team in the Big 12 that year) squeezing out Oregon to Miami for the championship in 2001.

Alan

They make meth here in Modoc, they grow pot in Mendicino county. But that doesn't change the fact that I was right. Dixon lied to the trainers and it may cost him the rest of the season.

Too bad about the Ducks now. Dixon was one of the better Q-B's in the nation. I hope his knee injury isnt severe.
But.. with that being said... make way for the Sooners!!
:shock:

Alan":ldb6pmcr said:
I'm in mourning....... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Brady Leaf really sucked.

I'm truly sorry, Alan. I was rootin' for 'em, but they just dug themselves too big a hole in that first half. Who knows, maybe Ducks and Illini will hook up some day. That would be interesting. ;-)

I'm a little worried about tomorrow's game vs Northwestern. Could be a let down after last week's high, and historically we don't play too well against them.

Alan, I watched the Whooole game :shock: Sorry but the Ducks really sucked. :oops: :oops: Sure didn't seem at all like #2 in the nation :oops:

Sorry for rubbing it in, just was sure of a much better game.

Got to go! my daughter is on the phone. :help:

Okay, I'm off suicide watch and back at it, and now I have started smoking that dope from Modoc co. :D . My apologies you had some insight to Dixon that the media said only the head coach had. Dixon's knee was more than a spring going into the game, but even his teammates were not aware of it..... my apologies for being cocky.

When Dixon went out, it was like the team deflated, they just did not play well, in fact they played so bad I'm wondering how far they will slide the rest of the season. The back up QB, Leaf, was terrible. Plus he did not get any help from his stone handed tight end Williams (#4). What a sad pathetic, preformance from the Ducks.

My thoughts on the BCS top five, Oklahoma, I feel your pain... Goodbye, maybe you can get a rematch with Oregon in a "also ran" bowl and get some revenge for that onside kick. Kansas, will have a hard time getting by Missouri and then probalby Oklahoma .... they drop out of the championship. West Virgina, are they that good???? time will tell. LSU will stay #1.... As long as they don't pull an Oregon, Oklahoma, Ohio St. ect. What I do see hapening is Ohio St. leaping over West Virgina to play LSU for the title. Just the thoughts of a post suicidal, pot head. :D :D

One thing for sure is this has not been a boring season for most of the country. With luck my Ducks will pull it out for the rest of the season.

GO DUCKS!
Alan

This year has been something else for college football. Were at 11 top 5 teams that lost to an unranked opponent so far. I gave up on football bets this year because Id always bet on the should be obvious win, and then they would lose. Ive lost a lot of money. The only other bet Im making is on my Fightin Texas Aggies when they BTHO tu on Friday.

This is the last time I'll get a chance to post before the Iron Bowl so let me shout out a big WAR EAGLE! Let the toilet paper fly at Toomer's Corner Saturday night!!!!!