Random thoughts on college football

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC

Reaction score
Hey, Alan, your Ducks are looking pretty good. Should be at least #3 in BCS this week. I was rooting for them, which I figure was worth at least a touchdown. You can thank me later. ;-)

LSU pulled one out of the fire, but where was that vaunted defense? Is Alabama offense that good?

Bill Callahan said he would bring the west coast offense to Nebraska when he was hired. Looks like he forgot to bring ANY defense. :lol: I mean, I know Kansas is on the upswing and all, but, jeez, 76 points??!!

Roger Staubach was the Navy QB the last time they beat Notre Dame. For those of you who don't follow college football, that would be 1963. I was sure happy with that outcome. I'm not a Notre Dame hater or anything, but I always root for the service academies, especially Navy.

All you Oregon and LSU fans should be rooting for my Illini when we go to Columbus next week. I think we can give them a good game, but we'll take all the help we can get.

LSU pulled one out of the fire, but where was that vaunted defense? Is Alabama offense that good?

Bama only had 20 yards rushing. :shock:

They sacked Bama's QB 7 times. Bama scored off turnovers and penalties.

LSU was clearly the better team to me from the git-go.

All you Oregon and LSU fans should be rooting for my Illini when we go to Columbus next week. I think we can give them a good game, but we'll take all the help we can get.

I have been pulling for the Illini since Zook went there.

I really think they can beat the Buckeyes.

my random thoughts are:
im SICK of the coaches at nebraska. this is so not nebraska football. they have destroyed it. and its not the players fault.

good for kansas. im lookin for them to be in the big 12 conference title game against oklahoma.

college football is very unpredictable this year.

i was surprised by texas.

oregon: keep it up!

bout time BC got upset.

i think thats about it.

I'll be there for the upcoming game vs bama.

I belive it will take me 2 hands to show the bama fans how many times they have lost in a row.

50 yard line seats as my Uncle has had season ticket since '57.

cattleluvr18":40n0zobb said:
my random thoughts are:
im SICK of the coaches at nebraska. this is so not nebraska football. they have destroyed it. and its not the players fault.

good for kansas. im lookin for them to be in the big 12 conference title game against oklahoma.

bout time BC got upset.

i think thats about it.
Well I'm an Iowa State fan obviously, but they are tied with Nebraska in their division. Most years that would be a good thing. :D

Don't worry cattleluvr, Callahan won't be there much longer I guarantee it.

Go Hawks, We are going to the IA/ Minn next week.

iowahawkeyes":xw4iss9p said:
Well I'm an Iowa State fan obviously

Not trying to be a smart alec, but which is it? Your name is "iowahawkeyes", you have the Iowa logo as your avatar, and then you say it's obvious you are an Iowa State fan. I'm confused.

VanC":45jaje34 said:
iowahawkeyes":45jaje34 said:
Well I'm an Iowa State fan obviously

Not trying to be a smart alec, but which is it? Your name is "iowahawkeyes", you have the Iowa logo as your avatar, and then you say it's obvious you are an Iowa State fan. I'm confused.

Whoops, That's one statement I wish I would have reread!
GO HAWKS!!! :D

All of us up here in Oklahoma were hoping that coach Fran would stick around for another year, so he could hold up a chicken and poke fun at the Sooners again! oh well.. somethings just dont last.. ha
Big 12 Championship is shaping up to look like the Jayhawks vs. Sooners....

Since this is sort of a catch all at the moment I've got a question for the Texas A&M fans on here.

I keep hearing about all the great A&M football tradition (remember I'm up in Middle Tennessee) but I don't remember them finishing in the top 10 on any regular basis. To me it's kinda like the Ole Miss fans who talk about how great their program has been (40 or 50 years ago as far as I can tell) and how they deserve a top notch coach.

Maybe I've missed the boat, so can some of ya'll explain it?

By the way, Daughter in law's dad is A&M alum and gung-ho about them so that's what got me to being curious about them.

Any of ya'll on Coach Fran's personal mailing list? :)

iowahawkeyes":2urke5x2 said:
cattleluvr18":2urke5x2 said:
my random thoughts are:

bout time BC got upset.

i think thats about it.
Well I'm an Iowa State fan obviously, but they are tied with Nebraska in their division. Most years that would be a good thing. :D

Don't worry cattleluvr, Callahan won't be there much longer I guarantee it.

listened to the radio tonite and they said callahan can get fired any time now. i would hate to see it in the middle of the season tho. i dont think that will help them anymore this season.

in one of my classes today we were makin fun of callahan. i would share but its a little inapropriate to post. i sure was crackin up.

i wish your hawks luck, but i dont think they're gonna get anywhere. ;-)

The ducks will not get past Oregon State. OSU's run defense is way to strong. The rumor is the china doll (AKA Dennis Dixon) is getting pretty dinged up, he was rumored to have had an MRI on his leg, and his arm has always been questionable.

auburn will be a tough test. haven't beaten auburn and florida in the same year since the 80's...

Outrigger2":2z00yl4k said:
auburn will be a tough test. haven't beaten auburn and florida in the same year since the 80's...

The home team usually loses too.

Hope this trend continues this year. ;-)

Maybe Auburn can put a complete game together?

i figured you would have something to say about that one. :D :D it goes back and forth with AU. we'll see which GA team shows up to play

Our Daughter lives in Eugene, and a alum from UO. She and Boyfriend took in the game vs AR State. Sounds like total chaos. :shock: :shock:

Ducks are REALLY GOOD!

Outrigger2":237kdx73 said:
i figured you would have something to say about that one. :D :D it goes back and forth with AU. we'll see which GA team shows up to play
Outrigger, nothin' personal you understand, but I hope the Tigers are craving Bulldog meat tonight and arrive in Athens with a ravenous appetite! WAR EAGLE!

J. T.":l5slsun9 said:
Outrigger2":l5slsun9 said:
Outrigger, nothin' personal you understand, but I hope the Tigers are craving Bulldog meat tonight and arrive in Athens with a ravenous appetite! WAR EAGLE!

not this this time....GO DAWGS...

Outrigger2":1phzanm6 said:
J. T.":1phzanm6 said:
Outrigger2":1phzanm6 said:

not this this time....GO DAWGS...

It was the DAWGS that showed up hungry yesterday afternoon, not the Tigers. The Eagle is flying low today. :( Congratulations and WAR EAGLE, anyway!

Latest posts