Random pictures from today at the farm

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score

I drove up on a flock of turkeys I see them quite often but usually don't have a camera.

Ok this will show my age but if any of you ever watched WKRP in I can't spell it do you remember when they threw turkeys out of the helicopter as a promotional jeeze I laughed so hard at that show. Anyway turkeys can fly lol.

The C21 calf is one of the ET calves out of our SAV Blackcap May 0524 cow and our Coleman EXT 6149 bull. I have felt since we flushed her that this was going to be a really super mating and from the looks of the calves I don't think I was wrong.

The C30 calf is a flush brother to the C21

This calf could end up being a future Gizmo herd sire, he is out of one of my favorite cows a natural daughter of our 658 donor and a Matrix son that traces back to our foundation Forever Lady cow. The sire of this young bull is SAV Resource 1441. I like this little fella.

gizmom

Wow thanks for sharing that Rafter S oh my gosh that brought back some memories! When they started flying today I thought of that show and started grinning!

I think my favorite bull phenotypically is the lot 14 he really is better than the picture. When he went on the scales he weighed 2010 pounds. We used him pretty heavy last season, if y'all recall we had a bull failure. We put the 1228 in with the opens out of that pasture and that was after he had run with 45 head for the regular breeding season. He really maintained condition well for working from January through August. We have two ET calves in the yearling pen that are full brothers to the lot 14 so we may use one of them in the future. My favorite, due to the total genetic package is the Lot 15 bull I loved that old 6149 bull he just did such a good job for us, I think that is why I like the 1246 bull so much he has both the 658 cow and the 6149 bull for me that is about as good as it gets. The Lot 18 bull is a really nice calf, super thick and deep but the most moderate of the group as far as frame. Like I said based on this calf I will be using the 4X13 bull on a group of heifers this year.

Well my age is showing the comments on the bulls were for the other thread....oops
gizmom