Ranchers.net-Soapweed

Help Support CattleToday:

DOC HARRIS

Reaction score
For those of you who monitor ranchers.net occasionally, and know "Soapweed", he was bitten by a West Nile mosquito and was in the Hospital in Scott's Bluff for three weeks. I guess he was in very critical condition for awhile. He brings us up to date on "ranchers.net" forum if you are interested.

DOC HARRIS

Oh WOW....that some bad stuff. Number of years back a police office near here came down with it....Last I heard he is still mobility impaired.

Used to hang out on Ranchers quite a bit. Haven't been on lately.

Thank you Doc for letting us know. I haven't been on there in a while and always enjoyed Soaps posts especially his pics.

So glad to hear that he is on the mend and back home again . Very scary !

West Nile is a funny thing
I had a buddy that had have a blood test and they told him he had it and he didnt know it and no symtoms
Then you hear stories like what soapweed is going through
Makes you wonder if there are different strains of it

DOC HARRIS":ut8ll7h5 said:
For those of you who monitor ranchers.net occasionally, and know "Soapweed", he was bitten by a West Nile mosquito and was in the Hospital in Scott's Bluff for three weeks. I guess he was in very critical condition for awhile. He brings us up to date on "ranchers.net" forum if you are interested.

DOC HARRIS
Thanks for the update DOC, haven't been over on Ranchers in a while.... Hope he has a full recovery!

cross_7":pwkh4apd said:
West Nile is a funny thing
I had a buddy that had have a blood test and they told him he had it and he didnt know it and no symtoms
Then you hear stories like what soapweed is going through
Makes you wonder if there are different strains of it

Has more to do with how strong your immune system is. The very young and elderly are more affected. It is scarry stuff for them.