Raining again..

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy in Texas

Reaction score
Well I can already see this is going to be a great Easter. I've got 28 cows left calf. And I'm sure they'll pick this weekend to do it. It's cold and raining,what a perfect time.
We've had so much rain the last few weeks. The ground is just soaked and starting to smell funky. Some county roads got washed out and are not opened yet. I know some farmers lost their corn crop just south of us. Their fields got washed out.

It's a lovley sunny day here. The only problems is the wind is higher then the temp adn the temp is 20. It be cold. Just moved 4 heafiers to another pasture and they decided it was timeto run the legs of this old man. Stupid cows.

dun

We get a little snow about every other year or three. We had a little snow yesterday. The day before Easter. Now that's a new one on me. I feel for all the folks around here that jumped the gun and have already put in their tomato plants!

Up until this weekend, we had just about enough rain, warm days, cool nights- perfect ryegrass and clover weather!