Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Nearly another 2 inches today got 19 in December this is the wettest winter here I can remember.
Breaking records for rainfall with nearly every event.
The aquifers should be recharged after this winter.

Wettest winter in Middle GA that I can remember in a long time. So much rain in December and January after a terrible drought all summer and into late fall. So dry that we had a time getting rye grass up. Now it is so wet and cold that it is slow growing. We have had a nice dry week with plenty of sunshine and mild temps, but heavy rain moving in tonight and all day tomorrow.

The lake still way way down here. We've has some rain but its been spotty. We need to get caught up.

We planted some oats and rye yesterday and fertlized what we had up. And it started raining here at 3:00 this morning. It was so nice last week I took the doors off my Samuri, needless to say the seats are soaked this morning. :dunce: Checking the cows will be a water adventure today.

started here around 11pm last night. water everywhere at 6am 1 3/4" and flooding right now. Im starting to have some deja vu from 2014.

Wednesday, we planted rye grass in a field we're renovating .....after the hogs tore it up the last couple years. Got 1.25" inches that night. Next week the weather liars are calling for highs in the 60s. Can't wait to see the ryegrass start to germinate. :p

dun":36oujmeb said:
Jogeephus":36oujmeb said:
We are getting hammered here. Gonna be a wet day.
The world hates a braggart

I'd gladly give you the rain we are getting. The puddles just began to dry up and now this.

But I ain't bytching. The horrible memory of crunchy green grass under my feet is still fresh in my mind. Heck, its seared into my brain.

I was in the tractor parts house. and this old guy in his ninety's started chanting and quoting something out of the blue. I do not know what he was referring too and all I really caught from him was "this summer will be the hottest year in over 50 years'" and then it was unintelligible. He was bat shyt crazy IMO but he may be right

M5farm":m2xba2ar said:
I was in the tractor parts house. and this old guy in his ninety's started chanting and quoting something out of the blue. I do not know what he was referring too and all I really caught from him was "this summer will be the hottest year in over 50 years'" and then it was unintelligible. He was bat shyt crazy IMO but he may be right

What scares me one extreme is usually followed by another.

We are good and saturated here too. Got another 2"+ the last two days. As soon as the weather starts warming a little at the end of February we are going to shoot the fertilizer to the hay fields and go with it.

This is what happens with a little rain. People forget how to act. My helper thought he would be fine shredding in this area because its a little sandy. :bang: Yup.... sandy like a beach.

Tractor_Stuck_zpsaq0ifooh.jpg

Caustic Burno":1qsgz0mx said:
See we broke another record today on rainfall, all the old high records were set in 1916 we have been breaking.

Send some more this way. Quit hogging it all!

3 1/2 inches south of Houston. The ground is saturated. It never really dried up from the last rain.
I am tired of wearing rubber boots. The mud around our barn is ankle deep.

Caustic Burno":2uvx2gcb said:
M5farm":2uvx2gcb said:

What scares me one extreme is usually followed by another.

It dang sure is wet and boggy here. Brother and I put up 770' of 5 strand wire right next to the river yesterday and we were dang lucky to get the tractor and fencing trailer out after being down in all that cold rain. He re-learned an old lesson--4wd don't help when you're bogged down in wet sand/silt up to your axles. Got him drug out to the black top, then had to go back down there and pull that dang wet, no-start, points/condenser 9N out too.

And, the main road along the powerline to my house has washed out--from below. Can't tell how bad it is yet, but from what I can see, there's a big hollowed out cavern down under there. Going to take a lot of rock to fill that all in.
Moon and stars out now tho, so maybe we'll have a little break.

Latest posts