Rain and MORE Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

C HOLLAND

Reaction score
I hope everyone that needed rain got their share over the last few days.

Southern Ga and Alabama got a fair amount, I am in SE Alabama and had over 11 inches since Saturday morning.

My pastures don't know how to react :)

Rub it in, Rub it in.

Best I can tell, Fay interfered with a low pressure system that gave South Texas some rain. Kept it from moving north. Did get another 2/10ths in an afternoon shower Friday. Pastures started greening up with the sprinkles were getting and the cooler cloudy days. They have turned to hot and partly cloudy, greening grass is starting to burnup again.

Saw a calf limping last week. Had a slight swelling in the ankle, nothing wrapped around it foor or broken skin. Had to look for a bull yersterday. Found him in a lot worse shape. Looks like he is injured up in his hock. My guess is they are stepping into cracks in the gound and getting injured. Still need Rain and MORE Rain.

C HOLLAND":dnegxbpt said:
I hope everyone that needed rain got their share over the last few days.

Southern Ga and Alabama got a fair amount, I am in SE Alabama and had over 11 inches since Saturday morning.

My pastures don't know how to react :)
still raining here, good soaker

glad yall are getting the much needed rain.an i wish central texas could get some rain as well.i know how bad you boys are hurting.

TNMasterBeefProducer":3izeqyk9 said:
In the last two days we have gotten 7 inches of rain according to the National Weather service and my rain gauge. I'll bet that high nitrate level in the sudex I had previously wont be there now. I look forward to testing it and if it is low turning em out on it.
.. don't know, how does the blades look? id be willing to bet, its trapped high on the upper ends of the blade .

Latest posts