Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Mongoose

Reaction score
Anyone know any websites where I can look at new squeeze chutes and see the prices to? Every website I go to never has the prices.

it's tough to find prices online, unless you call. i guess because the price of steel. i have had the same problem

I know, its stupid. I wish I could just shop around online and look at prices to try and get an idea of what would best suit me. But NO! :x

I think the steel prices have a lot to do with it but more so these folks don't want to give you sticker shock. I think you should expect to pay $2K and up although the $2K chutes won't hold much, IMO.

Every once in a while you can find a squeeze chute at one of the equipment auctions. Might check that out.

Good luck.

My local Tractor Supply doesnt even have Chutes. You got to go to the Co-Op. They have all diff kinds.

Mongoose":20tsqjwo said:
Anyone know any websites where I can look at new squeeze chutes and see the prices to? Every website I go to never has the prices.

http://jimfg.com/

Click on Steel & Supplies. Then on the left, Priefert Cattle, Stampede, Filson, Power River, all have chutes and prices. But J&I is closed until Monday if you wanted to call.

Re:
Go to http://www.priefert.com If you want a REAL chute. Forget TSC's. Check out the Model # SO-1 or SO-4.

We got a new S04 with scale this year and to tell you the truth I'm not impressed with it.
So far we had to reinforce the rear mounting brackets, the scale stopped working and they had to send us a new unit, it is very noisy and the catch gate closes by itself when cattle are allowed to go straight through for loading.

But it's nothing you can't fix with a little heavy grease, duck tape, a welder and a rope from the roof, except for the scale computer. :roll:
SL

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, this is like the Ford/Dodge/GM battle or the Green/Red/Blue tractor battle.

I have an old WW I bought used and rebuilt. I like it. Does what I need it to do which is auto catch cows.

I've worked with the store bought ones twice in my life. Both had been modified. There's nothing like building your own. Better made and less expensive. Features you use.

backhoeboogie":540etq16 said:
I've worked with the store bought ones twice in my life. Both had been modified. There's nothing like building your own. Better made and less expensive. Features you use.

True.

They really are all too expensive but that doesn't figure in if the use of one can prevent an injury to an animal or worse a personal injury to yourself or a family member. If you prevent an injury that makes the unit real cheap.
A co-op in Corinth, MS not only rents a chute they also have staff that will work your cattle. They use a chute for a while and then sell it as used. After saying that look around for a business that may rent chutes or the local vet or sale barn to see what brands they use. If you can find a local co-op or other farm supply they may rent theirs. Try to rent one first to see how you like it. Otherwise just go to the TN co-op and get a price list for all they carry and they do carry most major brands. I went to the TN Agribition years ago and was amazed that 5 or 6 chute vendors were there all next to each other. It seemed the co-op carried all their brands and had them grouped together where customers could see all the units on display. Good luck.

You could check with your county ext agent to see if anybody has one to rent.Our county cattlemans assoc has one members can rent.

Yeah there is a Co-Op right down town, where I get all my supplies. They have 5-6 Different brands of chutes sittin outside for sale, but they dont rent them. I have a friend and his dad unfortunately had to get sent to a nursing home, he owned a big dairy. Hes got 1-2 old chutes and headgates that I am going to ask about. If I cant get one of those then I will look into the used ones. Thanks again.

Wait for a livestock or farm show in your area. Our local dealer will discount 10 - 20% at the show. You can also buy the display equipment even cheaper. I prefer the W-W and Pearson systems. I bought one of their E-Z-Duz-It Livestock Handling Systems a few years back. Pretty stout. Nice variation to the standard sweep tubs.

Latest posts