Question to Macon

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Macon, I have noticed at times the ads by Google box will change. Sometimes, it seems, the ad reflects the topic being discussed. I have read a little about directed advertising where one day it might be possible to direct ads to specific individuals. My question is, does this ad box take into consideration the topic we are discussing in any degree or is it just coincidence that this occurs on occasion?

Jogeephus":1msndk55 said:
Macon, I have noticed at times the ads by Google box will change. Sometimes, it seems, the ad reflects the topic being discussed. I have read a little about directed advertising where one day it might be possible to direct ads to specific individuals. My question is, does this ad box take into consideration the topic we are discussing in any degree or is it just coincidence that this occurs on occasion?

Have to try it and see, Porsche, now I wonder if a Porsche ad will come up?

me too...

*test*

dancing holsteins and stripper poles. whole lotta milkshakin going on.

i think i got yours aplus...

its says envirolet compost toilets. waterless, goes anywhere.

Beefy":2c6h2j2q said:
i think i got yours aplus...

its says envirolet compost toilets. waterless, goes anywhere.

lol....I was going to come back and post ALX and then point out the compost toilet and him being full of crap. But you beat me to it :lol:

Go to Hoss's Fred Thompson bio post and watch the ad. I've noticed this a couple of times before and think its pretty darn smart if it is part of a program.

aplusmnt":3hicw3aj said:
Jogeephus":3hicw3aj said:

Have to try it and see, Porsche, now I wonder if a Porsche ad will come up?

Aplus,

I didnt see a porshe ad.
BUT I did see an add for toilets, and toilet cleaning supplies....
No joke, maybe that is aimed at you....

red

I've noticed this kind of thing before...a discussion about something and an add for a product for it.

I'm just glad the yawning ad for pepsi is gone.

Alice

My two ads were for "Fast Cash" and "Distance Learning."

Google must know I'm poor and stupid. :lol:

Jogeephus":24ugr9l7 said:

Indeed Google does take into consideration the content of the page. All Google ads are pay per click. In other words if no one clicks on the ad, no one gets paid. And they realize people are far more likely to click on an ad they are interested in and assume that you are interested in the topic being discussed of you wouldn't be reading it. Couple of examples:
http://cattletoday.net/
http://cattletoday.biz/

Advertisers can increase the amount they are willing to pay for a click and be included everywhere like the "3:10 to Yuma" ads last week.

Forums have notoriously low click rates. An ad on http://ranchlinks.com/ is over 100 times more likely to be clicked on than an ad appearing here.

I saw an ad the other day that I was interested in but thought I will click on it later. I went back later and tried to find it but couldn't.Something else was in its place. I figured that Cattle Today would get some sort of credit if I clicked on it instead of going to the website directly but I since I couldn't find it I went directly to the website. Is there a way to go back to an ad that was seen on here and CT get credit?

Gate Opener":h7vynwbs said:
I saw an ad the other day that I was interested in but thought I will click on it later. I went back later and tried to find it but couldn't.Something else was in its place. I figured that Cattle Today would get some sort of credit if I clicked on it instead of going to the website directly but I since I couldn't find it I went directly to the website. Is there a way to go back to an ad that was seen on here and CT get credit?

No. When it's gone, it's gone.

well i have firefox too and i have the ads.

most of the advertisements that i click on are by mistake.

I just clicked on the Meat=Cruelty add. Does that mean i just cost the vegans money!!?

Thanks for the info Macon. That's pretty interesting. I don't think there will be any limits on how far this type technology can go.

I'll be sure to click on more ads now that I understand how the it works.

Alice":2lhq94qf said:
I've noticed this kind of thing before...a discussion about something and an add for a product for it.

I'm just glad the yawning ad for pepsi is gone.

Alice

That yawning ad was driving me nuts! So, it's off? It's safe to turn the TV back on now?

Latest posts