Question for Bez

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Have you ever been to Kabul and if so have you visited Momahmed's Travelling Meat Market? Am told he has some of the best camel toe this side of the Euphrates.

I take it he is making jerky in the basement of the establishment.

Meat_seller_in_Kabul_zps91398350.jpg

Jogeephus":z545cnmp said:
Have you ever been to Kabul and if so have you visited Momahmed's Travelling Meat Market? Am told he has some of the best camel toe this side of the Euphrates.

I take it he is making jerky in the basement of the establishment.

Meat_seller_in_Kabul_zps91398350.jpg

All right - a bit of history.

I was the only coalition soldier at the end of a long and lonely dirt road. I had some darned good DynCorp contractors as back up.

I was the site commander of a large completely Afghan staffed fort called Bagrami - not to be confused with the City of Bagram.

The guy I replaced lasted only one day - he was an Army Major and figured it was too dangerous - he is no longer in the military - he got the boot. I had completed 5 previous ground tours - planned and lead more than 250 out from behind the wire foot patrols on my LAST tour alone - so I volunteered to run this new show.

So this dumb pilot - who has never backed up yet - stood up and out I went to be the new boss in town.

At the end of a couple of weeks a few things happened and I asked for a couple of body guards to watch over me. More than 40 people showed up for my brief on the situation. When I was finished - only TWO guys - completely out of their trade - one a truck driver in the air force and the other a navy hull technician (not one army guy) had their hands up to go and look after ole Bez in the hinterlands.

I love those guys like you would not believe - and if they asked me to kiss their azzes on the main drag of any city I would do it without second thought - without them I would not be here today. I put them through complete he!! - and they never wimpered once. I guess they figured if the old man would go there and do it they would come along for the experience! LOL Had them out to the house for Christmas - they drove 10 hours to get here.

Going to town meant a long bumpy ride to Kabul.

And we would eat real food at the various camps in town.

While in the field I have eaten more BBQ`d food than you could ever imagine and some of it is darned good - despite sometimes having to get around the dirt and the lack of cleanliness. When a man uses a stone to wipe his azz (yeah they do not use toilet paper) and then picks up some meat to sell you - well after a while I just ignored it and carried on - after all we cooked the food over a fire - so I figured it killed most of the germs.

I have boiled lots of camel feet. I have stripped lots of goat heads and taken the cheek meat and cooked it on an open fire. I have eaten a lot of neat things - and some not so neat things - never did get to the point where I could eat some of the meals made from guts and stuff - but I did find that you can eat almost anything if you have enough spices! LOL

As a simple example - why do you think the French have all those nice sauces they are so famous for and the Mexicans have those hot pepper spices they are so famous for - because the food they eat is true schitte!!

You need those sauces and those peppers to take your mind off the food you are eating.

No different in A`stan. LOL

I have bought more stuff from those mobile meat shops than you can shake a stick at! LOL

I must dig up the pics some day.

Thanks for the memory

My best

Bez

The picture and Bez's post keeps mentioning goat heads and camel toes. So what do they do with the rest of the camel and goat- export?

I can see making use of the cheek meat if I had to, but it is going to take a little more hunger pains before I can get past boiling camel feet. I know to much about where they've been. :yuck:

Ryder":327vgzpf said:
I'm also wondering what they do with the rest of the animal. Why cut the feet off seperately?
I'm also wondering how Jogeephus became acquainted with such delicacies.

This is week old road kill. The feet and head is all that was left after the buzzards got thru with it. Bet those heads don't have any eyes or tongues. :lol2:

TexasBred":14q1ogng said:
Ryder":14q1ogng said:
I'm also wondering what they do with the rest of the animal. Why cut the feet off seperately?
I'm also wondering how Jogeephus became acquainted with such delicacies.

This is week old road kill. The feet and head is all that was left after the buzzards got thru with it. Bet those heads don't have any eyes or tongues. :lol2:
It was bad enough as it was, without your commentary. :yuck:

Latest posts